The AMV-2 Groundhog is an Armored Personel Carrier used by the European Union in the 22nd Century, used to deploy infantry in battle in relative safety. It is featured in Battlefield 2142.
The Groundhog is the APC of choice for the European Union Armed Forces. It is a specialty personnel carrier, used to deliver infantry into escalated conflict areas. This near impenetrable transport is fortified by a multifaceted armor arrangement, including an amalgamated polymer lattice under five layers of alternating steel and ceramic plates, coated with extreme temperature resilient Kevlar. The driver is armed with an EMP grenade launcher to disable enemy vehicles long enough to escape. A gunner position is located at the top of the vehicle, and four Medium calibre MGs are available for use by the passengers. Some variants of the AMV-2 are outfitted with ejecting assault pods, which soldiers can use to mobilize against airborne targets.
The Groundhog is one of the most recognisable symbols of EU presence on the battlefield, often seen heading towards the frontline to deploy infantry. It can be used in many situations, making it an adaptive vehicle. The vehicle in its most common variant features a Mortar for the APC's gunner to use. The Groundhog, once it has deployed riding infantry, can head back to a distant position and use this mortar to bombard enemy positions.
- One Driver Controlled EMP Grenade Launcher
- One Driver Controlled 360 degree Medium Calibre MG
- One Gunner Controlled Long Range Burst Mortar Cannon
- Four Mounted Medium Calbre MGs (Passenger Controlled)
- Amalgamated Polymer Lattice
- Five layers of Alternating Steel and Ceramic Plates
- Extreme Temperature resilient Kevlar Coating
- One Driver
- One Gunner/Mortar Operator
- Four Passengers (in-game, more likely that the Groundhog can fit more passengers in the game lore)
- Unspecified/High Powered Drive Engine