The Armor Piercing, Fin Stabilized, Discarding Sabot - Tracer (APFSDS-T) cartridge is a type of kinetic energy (KE) armor defeating round. It consists of a fin stabilized subprojectile, a tracer assembly attached to the rear of the fin and a depleted uranium (DU) or tungsten penetrator with a ballistic tip to reduce drag.
It is currently recognized as the most effective tank-fired anti-armor round in the world.
|Maintenance ← → Thermal Camo|
47000 IFV score
• Increased damage on vehicles
The APFSDS-T Shell is a specialization for IFVs, adding secondary ammunition for the main gun. It does not inflict splash damage on infantry due to its design, but is still fatal should the user score a direct hit.
APFSDS-T has the same magazine count as HE shell, and its reload is independent of the HE shell, in effect allowing for a continuous stream of cannon fire. Its rate of fire however, is approximately half of the standard HE gun.
- APFSDS-T shells bypass reactive armor and can destroy a tank in 5 shots from behind.
- Its low rate of fire synchronizes very well with reload time of standard HE shells, allowing the driver to fire 18 shots almost nonstop.
- Compared to HE shells, APFSDS-T shells have pinpoint accuracy. When combined with zoom optics, it turns the IFV into a very powerful sniper rifle
- The APFSDS-T Shell can blind the target thus, disabling the targets ability to fire back unless in close range