Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The armed forces of Austria-Hungary appear in Battlefield 1.
The faction is the main opposing force during the campaign chapter Avanti Savoia. There are several types of soldiers, using specific weapons and wearing specific, blue-gray uniforms. These types are:
- Rifleman - They look similar to the Multiplayer Medic, minus crutches on their back. They use Gewehr M. 95.
- Assault - They look identical to the Multiplayer Assault and use a Hellriegel 1915. There is another, very rare, variant of Assault. They wear a Gaede helmet and use an MP 18.
- Support - they look similar to Multiplayer Support, but they wear a Stahlhelm instead of full-face helmet. They use Madsen MG.
- Scout - They look identical to Multiplayer Scout and use a scoped Gewehr M. 95.
- Flame Trooper - They look identical to the Multiplayer one and use the same Wex flamethrower all Flame Troopers use.
- Sentry - They have a unique look, because they wear a full-face helmet (the same as MP Support) instead of an armored mask. They use the MG 08.
- Officer - One of them appears when the player reaches Ferro Fortress. He uses an P08 Pistol.
Austria-Hungary is one of six factions that are set to initially appear in Battlefield 1. They appear with blue-gray colored field-jackets and trousers, and are equipped mostly with German-style webbing and headgear, including the iconic Stahlhelm. However, some soldiers are also seen to be wearing the indigenous soft field Kappe. Their armored vehicles are adorned with double headed eagles on the front and flank, as seen in the "Anti-Tank Dynamite" teaser trailer for the game.
|Kingdom of Italy|
- The Austro-Hungarian soldiers can speak English, identical to the British Army in the first person voice overs, and third person voice overs if the "Faction Speaks my Language setting" is changed.
- The Austro-Hungarian soldiers for the Assault and Medic Classes wear the Berndorfer Helmet, similar looking to the German Stahlhelm.
- In multiplayer, the flag used is actually that of the Austrian Empire, prior to the Austro-Hungarian Compromise of 1867, which lead to the formation of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. A likely reason for this could be that the civil ensign (which was not a true national flag) commonly associated with Austria-Hungary could be mistaken with the national flag of the Kingdom of Italy.