Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar is the second expansion pack for the Battlefield 1. It was first revealed on February 28th 2017. The expansion features the Russian Empire as a playable faction on the Eastern front of World War I during the cold Russian Winters. Additionally the Red Army is featured as a playable faction against the Russian Empire during the Russian Civil War. The expansion also introduces playable female soldiers in the form of the Scout class for the Russian Army. The expansion released on September 5th, 2017 for Premium Members, and released worldwide on September 19th, 2017.
- Russian Empire/White Army and Red Army
- Russian/White Army Scout
- Supply Drop Gamemode
- 2 New Operations
- Brusilov Offensive
- Red Tide
- New Medals
- New Dog Tags
- New Codex Entries
- New Weapon Assignments
- Service Assignments
- Class Specializations
- Model 1900
- SMG 08/18
- Fedorov Avtomat
- General Liu Rifle
- Parabellum MG14/17
- Perino Model 1908
- Mosin-Nagant M91
- Vetterli-Vitali M1870/87
- C93 Carbine
- Nagant Revolver
- Obrez Pistol
- Ilya-Muromets Heavy Bomber
- Putilov-Garford Heavy Armored Car
- Y-Lighter Landing Craft
- Coastal Gun Battery Emplacement
Achievements and Trophies
- Main article: Battlefield 1 Achievements and Trophies
|Image||Name||Criteria||Achievement Points||Trophy Type|
|The Revolution is Coming||Play all "In the Name of the Tsar" operations||25G|
|Charged Into Battle||Kill 25 enemies with the Lance as Cavalry||50G|
|Secured the Resources||Win 5 games of Supply Drop||50G|
|Endured the Winter||Play a round on all "In the Name of the Tsar" maps||25G|
|Filled the Stockpile||Perform a kill with all "In the Name of the Tsar" weapon variants||100G|
- In the Name of the Tsar marks Battlefield 1 as the first game in the Battlefield series to feature playable female soldiers in multiplayer.
- Female soldiers featured in the expansion are based on the notorious Women's Battalion of Death of the Russian Army during World War 1.
- Following release, the female soldier on the expansion's cover art replaced the Harlem Hellfighter soldier in the game's main menu.
- Many of the weapons in this DLC have highly detailed reload mechanics, reflected in each weapon's animations.
- The General Liu Rifle was also planned to allow toggling between semi-auto and bolt-action firemodes, though this feature was incomplete and dropped in release.