|Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike|
Modified Refractor 2
March 8, 2007
Windows XP or Mac OS X (Intel based) operating system, 1.7 GHz processor, 128 MB DirectX compliant video card with pixel shader 2.0 and above (AGP and PCIe only), 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c or higher, broadband internet connection
Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike is an expansion pack for Battlefield 2142, taking place in Central and Northern Europe 3 years after the war began in 2142. It was released on March 8th, 2007.
It features 10 unlocks, 3 new maps, 2 new vehicles, and a new game mode titled "Assault Lines". The expansion became free with the introduction of the 1.51 patch.
- Bridge at Remagen
- Echoing a famous WWII battle from two hundred years prior, EU ground forces attempt to cross a partially-demolished bridge over the frozen Weisse Elster river.
- Port Bavaria
- An EU Titan resupply depot captured by the PAC earlier in the war. EU forces attempt to retake the Alpine facility.
- Liberation of Leipzig
- EU forces have regained much territory, and now seek to liberate the city of Leipzig where PAC forces organized their European campaign.
Northern Strike features ten available unlocks (two for each class, one for squad leaders, one common), as well as ten awards that provide an unlock credits rather than a global score bonus. These items are identified with a snowflake icon.
- CM3-N Radar Grenade
- Advanced Magazine—provides an additional round for each rocket/shotgun attachment magazine, and an additional magazine, for a total of eight additional rounds.
- MMB-5 Motion Mine Bait
- SMG Clip Expansion—provides additional rounds and an extra clip for the Engineer's submachine gun
- Squad Leader