|Battlefield 2: Euro Force|
March 14, 2006
Euro Force was scheduled for release in February, but it was delayed due to a substantial number of new bugs caused by the release of patch 1.2. It features a whole new army, 4 new vehicles, 3 new maps, and 7 new weapons such as the L85A2 with AG-36 GL, the FAMAS, the HK53, the HK21, and the Benelli M4. Some of the vehicles for the EU military include the Challenger 2, Eurocopter Tiger, Leopard 2A6 and the Eurofighter Typhoon.
The maps include 'Great Wall', against the People's Liberation Army of China, where the EU army is trying to gain a strong foothold in northern China, to reinforce their American allies in the south later on. 'Operation Smoke Screen' features the EU army fighting the MEC in the Middle East for precious oil fields, and the third map, 'Taraba Quarry', where the EU army is trying to reinforce American positions in the south. Mindful of the European plans, the MEC tries to stall the EU, where the Europeans must confront their enemies because that route is the only possible path along that side of the Caspian Sea.
It is also available in the update patch 1.5 as free content.
Single-player & Multi-player MapsEdit
Great Wall of ChinaEdit
- A newly-negotiated peace with Russia has allowed the European Union to attack into mainland China from the north. The EU hope to break into the Great Wall of China and establish a base of future operations before continuing south to the coast, but their supply lines are stretched dangerously thin. If the Chinese forces can head off the assault and hold them back long enough, the EU will have no choice but to retreat back into Russia. It's vital for them to link up with American forces advancing from the coast, or a sustained assault on China will be impossible.
- --Official description.
Operation Smoke ScreenEdit
- War continues to rage in over the precious oil in the Middle East. The European Union has come to aid their allies, confronting the MEC head-on in one of the most brutal battles of the war. Multiple assaults on both fronts have pushed both sides back to their bases, decimating the middle ground and leaving the oil field a smoking ruin. Even though the oil reserves have been destroyed, what remains below the scorched desert sand makes this battleground worth fighting for.
- --Official description
- The EU forces are en route to reinforce an American division that has been cut off from the front lines. The MEC have moved to intercept them, and both armies are about to meet at the Taraba Quarry, the only crossing point of the Taraba River this side of the Caspian Sea. If the MEC can hold their side of the river, the Americans will be cut off and surrounded. The EU must break through the enemy lines before the Americans are overrun!
- --Official Description
Battlefield 2: Euro Force has sold more than 200,000 copies since it was released, and though the relatively small sale, both GameSpot and GameSpy gave Euro Force a good rating; GameSpot: 7.7 while they concluded the good stuff: "European army brings variety and new toys to the virtual war. Some beautiful and exciting new maps to fight on. Battlefield 2 combat still as intense and wild as ever." GameSpy rated Euro Force 3.5/5 and concluded: "Three kick-ass new maps breath extra life into this amazing, if still flawed, game."
New gameplay featuresEdit
- Leopard 2A6
- Challenger 2
- Typhoon T1
- Tiger HAP
- L85A2 W/ AG-36
- Benelli M4
- The European Union
- European Union Special Service Medal
- The European Union Special Service Medal is awarded to EU personnel for outstanding service during an active tour of duty. Awarded to members of the European Union Armed Forces for extraordinary heroism in action while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force.
- To be awarded with this medal you must:
- Play as the European Union in 50 hours
- Win 50 rounds while playing the European Union
- Finish a match with more than 100 points.