— Battlefield 3 Premium Description
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill is the third expansion pack available for Battlefield 3. It was revealed in a fact sheet pertaining to Battlefield Premium on May 30, 2012. It features large maps with a focus on vehicular combat.
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill has received positive reviews from game critics. The expansion pack currently has GameRankings scores of 83.33% for PC based on 3 reviews and 84.00% for PlayStation 3 based on 2 reviews. It also has Metacritic scores of 83 for PC based on 7 reviews and 79 for PlayStation 3 based on 7 reviews.
- It was revealed by a tweet that the expansion would not include any new weapons.
- While the official name is spelled 'Armored Kill', a previous poll on Battlelog had it spelled 'Armoured Kill', with "Armored" being spelled as it would be in British English.
- The expansion introduced the game's first winter map, Alborz Mountains.
- The expansion includes Bandar Desert, the largest map in Battlefield history.
- When the PS3 Premium version was first released, it was unavailable on the in-game store for several hours. A system message stated that Premium members would need to go to the PlayStation Store to download Armored Kill. This was fixed the day after release.