Battlefield 3: Armored Kill is the third expansion pack available for Battlefield 3. It was revealed in a fact sheet pertaining to Battlefield Premium on May 30, 2012. It features large maps with a focus on vehicular combat.
- All-out vehicle warfare on four huge maps.
- Includes the biggest map in Battlefield history.
- Five new vehicles, including two tank destroyers (M1128 Mobile Gun System for US and 2S25 Sprut for RU), two mobile rocket artillery vehicles (M142 HIMARS for US and BM-21 for RU) and a Quad Bike.
- Also features the AC-130 Gunship - 2 seats for gunners and a para-drop slot that is always open to deploy in. The pilot, however, is AI controlled.
- New "Tank Superiority" game mode.
- All maps playable with all six game modes.
- 5 new vehicle unlocks for the base game.
- 5 new assignments.
- Up to 20+ unlocks for new vehicles.
- Up to 7 flags on PC conquest and 5 flags on Console conquest.
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill has received positive reviews from game critics. The expansion pack currently has GameRankings scores of 83.33% for PC based on 3 reviews and 84.00% for PlayStation 3 based on 2 reviews. It also has Metacritic scores of 83 for PC based on 7 reviews and 79 for PlayStation 3 based on 7 reviews.
- It was revealed by a tweet that the expansion would not include any new weapons.
- While the official name is spelled 'Armored Kill', a previous poll on Battlelog had it spelled 'Armoured Kill', with "Armored" being spelled as it would be in British English.
- The expansion introduced the game's first winter map, Alborz Mountains.
- The expansion includes Bandar Desert, the largest map in Battlefield history.
- When the PS3 Premium version was first released, it was unavailable on the in-game store for several hours. A system message stated that Premium members would need to go to the PlayStation Store to download Armored Kill. This was fixed the day after release.