Battlefield 3: Armored Kill is the third expansion pack available for Battlefield 3. It was revealed in a fact sheet pertaining to Battlefield Premium on May 30, 2012. It features large maps with a focus on vehicular combat.
- All-out vehicle warfare on four huge maps.
- Includes the biggest map in Battlefield history.
- Five new vehicles, including two tank destroyers (M1128 Mobile Gun System for US and 2S25 Sprut for RU), two mobile rocket artillery vehicles (M142 HIMARS for US and BM-21 for RU) and a Quad Bike.
- Also features the AC-130 Gunship - 2 seats for gunners and a para-drop slot that is always open to deploy in. The pilot, however, is AI controlled.
- New "Tank Superiority" game mode.
- All maps playable with all six game modes.
- 5 new vehicle unlocks for the base game.
- 5 new assignments.
- Up to 20+ unlocks for new vehicles.
- Up to 7 flags on PC conquest and 5 flags on Console conquest.
On August 29, 2012, a video, titled Exclusive Armored Kill Gameplay, was released. The video showed PC gameplay on all four Armored Kill maps on the game modes Conquest and Tank Superiority, along with the new Tank Destroyers, Mobile Artillery Vehicles and the Quad Bike.
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill has received positive reviews from game critics. The expansion pack currently has GameRankings scores of 83.33% for PC based on 3 reviews and 84.00% for PlayStation 3 based on 2 reviews. It also has Metacritic scores of 83 for PC based on 7 reviews and 79 for PlayStation 3 based on 7 reviews.
- It was revealed by a tweet that the expansion would not include any new weapons.
- While the official name is spelled 'Armored Kill', a previous poll on Battlelog had it spelled 'Armoured Kill', with "Armored" being spelt as it would be in British English.
- The expansion introduced the game's first winter map, Alborz Mountains.
- The expansion includes Bandar Desert, the largest map in Battlefield history.