Battlefield 3: Close Quarters is the second expansion pack available for Battlefield 3.
- Four small infantry-oriented maps
- Ten new weapons
- One gadget
- HD Destruction
- Ten new Assignments
- Five unique Dogtags
- Conquest Domination, a Conquest mode adapted for smaller maps.
- Gun Master, a game mode in which the player's weapon cycles every two kills
On June 4, 2012, a video, titled Close Quarters Playing Tips, was released. The video has Battlefield 3 Lead Designer Niklas Fegraeus taking viewers through a guide of all of the maps in the expansion pack, explaining how they were designed and how players should be able to navigate through them, and giving them tips on how to play in these maps effectively.
On July 11, 2012, another video, titled Close Quarters Weapons Guide, was released. The video has Battlefield 3 Core Gameplay Designer Alan Kertz taking viewers through a guide of all the weapons in the expansion pack, explaining how they can be unlocked, what attachments are suitable for them in different situations and how they can be used to their full potential.
Battlefield 3: Close Quarters has received mixed to positive reviews from game critics. On Metacritic, the expansion pack has metascores of 71 for PC based on 7 reviews, 73 for PlayStation 3 based on 5 reviews and 72 for Xbox 360 based on 8 reviews. On GameRankings, the expansion pack has scores of 73.50% for PC based on 2 reviews, 80.00% for PlayStation 3 based on 2 reviews and 76.60% based on 5 reviews.
- All maps in Close Quarters take place in Tehran, Iran.
- At the release of Close Quarters, the 40mm LVG became available to all players, regardless of whether or not they had the map pack.
- Close Quarters was made free during the duration of week of E3 2013.