|Battlefield 4: China Rising|
|Date released||Premium - December 3|
|Platform(s)||Playstation 4, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC|
Battlefield 4: China Rising is the first expansion pack for Battlefield 4. It was revealed on May 21, 2013 on a Battlelog post stating that those who pre-ordered the game would receive the expansion at no extra cost. It features four maps on the Chinese mainland along with new vehicles and high-tech equipment.
- The soldier on the cover is wearing the Calico Jack patch on his right shoulder, which is a morale patch normally worn by special operations soldiers, particularly the US Navy SEALs.
- The aircraft depicted flying overhead has been identified as a Xian H-6K bomber, an upgraded Chinese counterpart to the Soviet Tu-16 Badger.
- Before China Rising was officially announced, it was internally known as Drone Strike.
- A patch for the PC version of the game that was released on November 14, 2013 allowed players to complete the assignments required to unlock the expansion pack's five weapons and use them during gameplay before the expansion pack's release date.
- A newer version of China Rising was released in January 2014. This, however, caused a glitch that confused copies of Battlefield 4 with the original version of China Rising, regardless if the expansion pack had been installed or not. This restricted access for some players to play on maps of the expansion and the suspended use of all unlocked weapons and gadgets from the expansion. DICE stated to reinstall China Rising to solve the problem.
- Shortly after the release of China Rising, the Chinese government banned the sale of Battlefield 4, due to the fact that the game due to cultural encroachment.
- http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/china-rising Official Battlefield site for the expansion pack