"Experience dynamic ocean combat in Naval Strike as the Chinese Armada takes the fight to the sea."
— Battlefield 4 Premium: release calender
|Battlefield 4: Naval Strike
||* PS3/PS4/Xbox 360 Premium: March 25, 2014
- Xbox One Premium: March 27, 2014
- PC Premium: March 31, 2014
- Non-Premium (All Platforms): April 15, 2014
||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC
Battlefield 4: Naval Strike is the third expansion pack for Battlefield 4.
It features naval-focused combat on four island maps in the South China Sea. All watercraft are available in large numbers, with land vehicles being almost entirely absent.
Teaser image for Naval Strike.
A Russian Z-11W
approaching enemy boats.
US Marines aboard a RHIB
watercraft next to a Wasp-class carrier.
US Marines engaging RGF soldiers on hovercrafts.
The premium preview image as seen in the calendar.
American naval vessels carrying troops.
A Marine pinned down by gun fire as his teammates push up.
Hovercrafts on Nansha Strike.
Battlefield 4 Naval Strike - Teaser Trailer
Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Official Trailer
Battlefield 4 - The New Weapons and Gadgets of BF4 Naval Strike
New weapons and gadgets
- Along with Dragon's Teeth and Final Stand, the expansion was originally discovered through an unfinished domain on the official Battlefield website the day before it was officially announced.
- All maps of the Naval Strike expansion as well as its release date were revealed on February 13, 2014 on Battlelog. 
- Naval Strike was released for free to EA Access members on August 27, 2015, and could be downloaded and kept permanently by members up to September 3, 2015.
- Naval Strike was temporarily made free to all players on July 19, 2016. This was done again in September 2016.
- The expansion's weapons were revealed in a PS3/PS4 update on March 4, 2014.
- The backgrounds of the main menu and Battlelog were changed to reflect the release of the expansion
- The PC edition for Premium members was delayed (to April 4, 2014) due to concerns that the combination of the pack and future updates would increase performance issues on mid-high end PCs
- The Xbox One edition for Premium members was delayed due to an issue in the animation system that hinders players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations.
- As with Battlefield 3: Armored Kill, the Premium release version was initially unavailable from the in-game store, requiring players to go to their respective platform's store to download it.
- Nansha Strike features a massive easter egg where players can trigger the appearance of a Megaladon. This had been speculated for a long time by the community.