June 25th, 2009
Battlefield Heroes is the sixth installment in the Battlefield series and was developed by both DICE and Easy Studios and after many months of delay was released on June 25, 2009. It is the first game to be released in EA's new "Play4Free" service, though players can spend money to buy weapons and customizations. It was developed to run on all kinds of computers so players with sub-par computers are able to enjoy the game.
Gameplay EditBattlefield Heroes keeps the core gameplay of the Battlefield Series while also introducing its own unique additions to the series. To combat unfair games, Battlefield Heroes uses a matchmaking service to match players of similar skill level to prevent unbalanced matches. Unlike previous installments, the game is in third-person view.
The game's core gameplay revolves around the Royal and National Armies, both of which are based on British, American, and Nazi Germany soldiers. It features two game modes, a modified conquest mode and a mode similar to Capture the Flag known as V2 Vengeance that is only available on Midnight Mayhem.
- The Commando class is a recon type character, having low health compared to other classes.
- Sniper Rifle
- Troop traps
- Poisoned Daggers
- Increased Speed of Nearby Friendlies
- The Gunner class is the slowest class, yet possesses the greatest amount of health compared to other classes and is able to carry heavy weapons.
- Rocket Launcher
- Leg It
- Hero Shield
- Frenzy Fire,
- I Eat Grenades
- The Soldier class the all around-class, having equal amounts of health, speed, and armament compared to other classes.
- Burning Bullets
- Health Boost/Team Healing, which
- Extra Grenades
- Blasting Strike
Battlefield Heroes features many of customization options, so as to suit their characters appearance to their preference. While some items are class specific, others are theme specific to events being used to promote them, as well as time limited events.
- You can dress your character like Haggard or Kirilenko from Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- The Medal of Honor (2010) character "Dusty" makes a cameo appearance as an Easter egg.
- The Hell Trooper gear set may be a reference to the helghast from the Killzone series.
Links and Sources Edit
- Official BF Heroes Site
- Official BF Heroes Public Test Environment (PTE) Site
- Official BF Heroes Twitter
- Official BF Heroes Youtube Channel
- Official BF Heroes Facebook Page
- Battlefield Heroes HQ