Despite the fact that the BF Community failed the third community mission set forth by DICE, which was to capture 100 Million Flags, a Gold Battlepack awarded anyway to players on February 27, 2014. Enjoy it! -- 01:11, February 28, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
The BF Wiki Clan is now active! All users are free to join, with anyone from any platfrom, capable of joining. Follow the link below to join the BF Wiki Clan today! -- 23:42, February 27, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
Read more >
Origin has revealed the next expansion pack for Battlefield 4, Naval Strike, will release on March 18, 2014 for Premium members and (no we're not fooling you) on April 1st, 2014 for everyone else. -- 20:44, February 27, 2014 (UTC)
Once again the Battlefield community has failed to complete the third challenge set forth by DICE.
We were tasked with capturing 100 million objectives in five days but we were only able to capture 90 Million objectives. -- 18:06, February 26, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
The Squad Menu is a feature that players have longed to be added in Battlefield 4. The Menu was present in numerous past installments of the Battlefield Series such as in Battlefield 3 or Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It basicly allows friends to create a squad in the main menu of the respective game and then subsequently join a match together.
DICE has constantly avoided questions about including a squad menu in Battlefield 4. Today on their official Twitter, it was stated, "We currently have no plans to add this [Squad Menu], but thanks for sharing your interest."
One would think that in a game that promote teamwork, DICE would have kept the popular Squad Menu as well as the Team Chat Option. -- 03:25, February 26, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
Platoons have been announced to reutrn to Battlelog for Battlefield 4 on February 27, 2014. Platoons remain largely the same as their Battlefield 3 counterparts but have a few differences as well as new features. We have taken the liberty to add all that info on the Platoon page here at the Wiki so visit that if you want specifics. Here is a brief list of a few notable features.
- Only Premium members or players who are at least level 10 may create platoons
- A platoon progression system has been introduced, similar to the solider progression in multiplayer. Basicly four players from the same platoon play together in the same match and obtain a score.
- After having reachin the required score resequites, the platoon will rank up a level. There will be …
Read more >
first the offensive one 30mm cannon Zuni rocketsauto loader
30mm cannon active radar auto loader fire extinguisher
the defensive 100% designed to take out air craft 20mm cannon passive radar air radar smoke screen with these loadouts it has 3 styles of play
the offensive Is designed for protection keeping a bomb carrier or flag carrier alive recommended for obliteration and CTF stay away from tanks you can easily deal with IFVs and use the 30mm for heli's.
the hybrid is designed to be 50% combat and 50% anti air stay away from ifv's and tanks but If your alone like in rush take out all the aircraft you can then defend the objectives only on rush attacker and defender should you use this
the anti air explains it…Read more >
I have finally broken the record it was 36 kills 1943 but it has ended I used the AEK-971 on metro in a rampage of destruction yet I did not GET THE DAMN F2000 it is near impossible to get I love this map even more I is a cluster of heavy Close quarters combat and that's why people love it I wish there was a flooding levolution event but the numerous mini levolution events are enough to keep me satisfied on a side note I have no life I have played 110 hours of battlefield my gmr tag Lowlandnutria 92 look it up on the battlelog that is all.Read more >
The Official Battlelog Twitter has revealed that Platoons will return to the Website next week, telling players to "keep a close eye on Battlelog next week".
Platoons are basically clans that allows players and their friends to group up and interact easier with one another. It was introduced for Battlefield 3 but was later removed for Battlefield 4. -- 21:07, February 22, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
The Third Community Mission has been announced. Our task now is to Collectively Capture 100 Million Objectives! By "Capture" it means the capture of bases.
Only Conquest, Domination, and Air Superiority count towards the challenge . Capture The Flag does not count toward the challenge.
The Challenge runs from today, February 21, 2014 to February 26, 2014.
In other news the Veteran Battlepack was finally released today.
-- 00:30, February 22, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
The Battlefield Veteran Battlepack has finally been released today on February 21, 2014. Unfortunately, there are stipulations. Only those who have played Battlefield 3 or Battlefield: Bad Company 2 may receive it. It includes:
- Splinter Camouflage
- Franchise Veteran Dog Tag
- Scope (3x) for .44 Magnum
- 100% XP Boost
Here are a few picture comparisons between maps in Battlefield 4: Second Assault and their original version from Battlefield 3. The right side of each picture is the BF4 varient while the left is the BF3 varient.Read more >
The Battlefield Community was tasked with destroying 50 Million vehicles in 6 days. Unfortunately we failed with a having only accomplished a total 46190615 vehicle destructions. -- 12:40, February 20, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
Second Assault as well as the DMR Kit Shortcut are now available for Premium members. The Handgun Shortcut is not only available for Premium members, but all other players as well.
The expansion will later release for everyone else for $15 on March 4, 2014.
See you on the Battlefield! -- 21:07, February 18, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
pre footage a must have before release.A demo beta In the shadows glitch understandable as was bf3 beta giraffe head and slender man humorous. CORPERATION unaware of what time is only aware of the green dollar. Dice lower one asks for more time. Not possible says the corp you must work to fight a king of insanity and thousands of subjects must turn (cod). release day blackness. memory leaves the games mind. Time freezes as the world changes. the peasants voice their displeasure rightfully so and wrongfully so. As they know bf3 was broken but it was fixed by a team working 24/7 and the workmen's forge. As when I came I had no knowledge of what it was when broken it was 2013 pre bf4 release. The game is like a blade being refined you must f…Read more >
Apparently all you UK guys are lucky. On Battlefields official UK website, they have released some Naval Strike details. Some of the key features are listed below...
- 10 new assignments, all of them with unlocks
- 5 new weapons
- 4 new maps
- Nansha Strike: Largest stretch of water in Battlefield so far
- Operation Mortar: An abandoned cliff side resort surrounded with "amazing" vistas
- Lost Islands: Several tropical islands populated with fishing villages
- Wave Breakers:"Drop a submarine on your enemies..." 'Nuff said. This map is in a naval base
Read more >
And I saved the best for last... They are bringing back TITAN MODE Renamed Carrier Assault it will be just like 2142 except instead of a Titan it will be an aircraft carrier
It has been confirmed on battlelog that Second Assault will release on February 18th for premium and March 3rd for everyone else (PS3, PS4, X360 and PC).
In addition, Naval Strike will release in late March. It will feature:
- Carrier Assault gamemode (The reimagined Titan (Game Mode) from 2142)
- 10 Assignments
- Lost Island
- Nansha Strike
- Wave Breaker
- Operation Mortar
- 5 New Weapons
- Anti-Heli Mine
- Amphibious Hovercraft Vehicle
I would just like to remind the community that in 145 days from the time this post has been created, I will be indefinitely leaving the Battlefield Wiki.
This is due to my departure to Lackland Air Force Base for Basic Training for the United States Air Force. That being said, I will leave for MEPs on July 7, 2014 (Bungie Day Go Figure). My last day on the BF Wiki will likely be on July 6th, 2014, just short of a month after my four year anniversary of joining the BF Wiki. If all goes well I may one day return.
Its been great so far guys. I'll make my time left count. As always, see you on the Battlefield! -- 05:06, February 13, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
I stand by my other blog posts that gun play isn't balanced in BF4. Handfuls of weapons are usable.
Now first lets talk about the guns- I do like how BF changed weapons minimum damage model. I also like the new attachments like the angled grip. I also like how carbines are now all kit weapons.
Maps- This is short and sweet. Map design I like in BF4. Lots of different lines of sight and quick ways to get from on to the other. Easier access to sniper spots and lastly less camping spots and dark corners.
vehicles- I dont use helicopters and jets because I cant fly them for shit. But I do like how the ground vehicle works. Boats and jet skis are fun to play as well. I dont play conquest or other modes with vehicles a lot though.
Read more >
DICE has announced the second Community Mission as apart of Appreciation Month. The community has six days, starting tomarrow on February 13, 2014 until February 19, 2014 to destroy 50 Million Vehicles. Those who destroy at least one enemy vehicle will be awarded a free gold battlepack at a later date.
On another note, those who participated in in the first community mission will be awarded a gold battlepack for free on February 20, 2014.
-- 18:13, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Update: Mission Failed -- 13:52, February 20, 2014 (UTC)
Congratulations everyone! We collectively stabbed 10 million people. We all get a gold battlepack now!Read more >
DICE has announced that a Double XP event will start on February 8, 2014 at 3:00 AM PST to February 10, 2014 at 3:00 AM PST and will be open to all players. Visit their official Twitter for more info. -- 13:19, February 7, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
The Next rumored Battlefield that is going to be developed by Viseral Games, is rumored to be about COPS, the first thing that comes to my mind is a "Counter Strike" style MP and a "Black Ops II" style campaign
my theories are
- 16 to 24 players for all consoles.
- It will have more focus on Close Combat.
- it will be about Counter-Terrorists (M16,SEAL,SWAT,GRU,etc) against well... Terrorists!
- Its going to use Frostbite 3 (duh)
- Maybe it will have some Co-Op modes (because of the popularity of Borderlands,Left for Dead and the Extincion mode of CoD Ghosts)
- No Wii U version.
- it going to be announced this year.
- and maybe it going to be released on November or December.
My other theories are
- its not gonna titled "Battlefield"
- No PS3 and X360 versions
Read more >
Read more >
The long awaited Veteran Battlepack has been announced to finally release to all Vets in early March!
Since yesterday, I've been unable to play BF3 online. Every time I try to connect, I get a message that the connection with EA Online was lost. Co-op, MP, all of it. Followed indications to erase Game Utility Data, and nothing. I played other games and I can go on MP without a hitch. Has anybody else suffered this kinda problem lately?Read more >
DICE has announced that it is our task as a community to steal 10 million dog tags from each other. We have 6 days, with the mission ending on February 11, 8AM PST/5PM CET/4PM GMT. If we complete it, all who participated will receive a gold battleback on February 20, 2014. So get your machetes and bayonets out and stab some fools! You can view how many Dog Tags that have been taken so far in the the Missions section on Battlelog here
Update: Challenge acomplished.Read more >
being able to squad up in a menu with your friends, buff up the staff shell a little bit, player severs and ability to remove certain weapons and remove vehicle ammo system,re balancing for rush, ability to go on test range with your friends, China rising levolution, make the miniguns on transport helis 1 more powerful or 2 semi explosive due to how fast you move, under radar, make hand flares more bright for heli extraction or air strike purposes, be able to use multiple grenade types with the lvg. Fix dawn breaker I am sick of it crashing. Buff the Ak-12u. allow the heavy bomber to not just use cruise missles and Jdam but a salvo of bombs along with it spawning farther and increased ability to move it for targeting purposes. REDUCE THE A…Read more >
We are now in possession of a new Twitter for the Battlefield Wiki! Have any questions related to BF? Visit and we will be sure to answer your questions.
If your an admin or TU, feel free to ask me for access to the account. -- 05:12, February 3, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
I bought bf4 premium I play the bf4 theme as I opened my battle packs like a maniac then went to the store watch the china rising trailer it was something I had never seen before. It seemed more attuned to next gen and PC yet. I was wrong again. Silk Road a dirt bikes extreme paradise the giant mountains of Guilin peaks above me as we moved at a winners speed with the transport heli in a performance of greatness I unlocked the mp7 a small pdw but it's power was immense I entered the grand dog fights in air superiority owning numerous noobs. I played it so much I unlocked everything for stealth jet making my wingman give me the name blue demon. China rising is amazing. Also if part this review sounds like a poem it was intended On a last no…Read more >
Everyone knows that BF3 lasted well over the normal life cycle of a multiplayer game (1 - 1.5 years). However, I do not feel BF4 will do the same. I have some evidence.
- EA always wants to compete with CoD....
- There are rumors that a Battlefield spin off will be launched by a studio OTHER THAN DICE in EAs fiscal year of 2015 (aka a fall release)
- The last bonus that Premium members get is 2XP....on October 27, 2014. Battlefield 3 was released on October 25, 2011, and Battlefield 4 was released on October 29th, 2013. (North American Launch)
Now the last one may not seem alarming but think about it.... its around the launch date of BF3 and BF4. What better way than to end BF4 than with a 2XP event? I may be crazy but didnt they do the same with BF…Read more >
DICE posted this over at the BF Blog today on January 31, 2014 over further balancing on Battlefield 4. Here they tell of the issues that players had brought to their attention and their ultimate decision over the matters.
- Players have suggested that the TV missiles be allowed to 1 hit kill enemy aircraft. While we initially considered increasing their damage to 90% from 80%, we decided against this change. The TV missile is not intended to be an anti-aircraft weapon system, and while skilled players may currently be able to use it that way, we do not find its current damage level to be imbalanced.
- Players have also suggested that Sniper Rifle and 12G SLUG rounds be allowed to penetrate body armor at close range. The purpose of body armor is …
Read more >
Im over all impressed that DICE is doing all these changes based on what the community wants and I really do like some of the tweaks theyve done but theres some I still want to see
They are: In no particular order
1. Buff the pump shotguns damage output: This is because the M26 and SHORTY are both just as good as the primary shotguns and the M26 shoots just as fast as the SPAS 12/870 and the m26 feels much more consistent and stronger then any of the pumps I've used. Pretty sure all of this may just be me but I also feel the M26 has better range. Then why use a shotguns when you can use these and carry an AEK or PKP.
The thing I hate is that shotguns got a huge nerf going into this game. The pumps got their damage reduced and their RPM got sl…Read more >
Following the number of tweaks in the latest Battlefield 4 Patch, it has been revealed that Second Assault will release in February 2014.
How do we know? The patch added in the Capture The Flag game mode as well as all the new assignments (and their awards) and trophies/achievements to the game. While of course you cant use them yet, it is still nice to know that the expansion will finally be released.
Update: Origin itself has officially revealed that Second Assault will release on February 18, 2014 for all remaining platforms.Read more >
Battlefield 4 received a patch today. Tweaks include vehicle and weapon tweaks.
- Increased the aimed accuracy of the M1911 to make it a viable choice once the COMPACT 45 has been unlocked. This gives the M1911 a clear accuracy advantage for range, while the COMPACT 45 has a clear ammunition per magazine advantage.
- Increased the close range damage of the M1911, QSZ-92, FN57, CZ-75 and COMPACT 45. This will allow all pistols to bypass Body Armor at close range. Additionally, the FN57 and the QSZ-92 have had their long range damage increased to allow them to properly bypass Body Armor at all distances. Finally, the CZ-75 has also had its long range damage raised to give it a diverse role among the handguns.
- Reduced the delay between pressing the …
Read more >
DICE has announced that February is Player Appreciation Month. Everyday for 28 days in February players will be awarded free Battlepacks and MUCH MORE.
- To obtain a battlepack, players must be logged into BF4
- Players will be awarded bronze Battlepacks during weekdays (Monday - Friday)
- Players will be awarded Silver Battlepacks during Weekends (Saturday - Sunday)
- Players will be awarded Gold Battlepacks through the completion of community challenges
- The First challenge is obtaining enough Dog-Tags in a specified time
- Players will be awarded free Kit Shortcuts for the game, unlocking all handguns and grenades. Premium players will additionally obtain a Kit Shortcut that unlocks all DMRs and Shotguns
- Platoons return to Battlelog!
- The Final Weekend of …
Read more >
DICE has listed the upcoming vehicle tweaks that will go into effect sometime this week in a new patch.
- AA vehicles now carry 4 instead of 6 missiles
- Velocity of MAA's 20MM Cannon gun changed from 1200 m/s to 800 m/s
- Reduced impact of all Anti-Air Missiles though damage remains the same
- Reduced cone in which Active Radar searches for targets
- Gunner Cannon and Zuni Rockets damage increased for Attack Helicopter
- Scout Helicopter 25MM Splash damage reduced
- Reduced "intelligence" of MBT-LAW missiles
- M2 SLAM maximum damage range reduced from 6m to 3m
- STAFF shell damaged reduced by 25%
- Fixed glitch where Active Protection and MP-APS did not stop 12 G Frag rounds.
- Numerous other glitch and stability fixes.
Imagine that EA announces that Battlefield 5 wont have a campaign in 2016-17, what would be your reactions?
it would be great? it would be bad or you dont care about a campaign?
i want to know your opinions.Read more >
Read more >
A few days ago four possible map names from the Battlefield 4: Naval Strike expansion were leaked online. As such any addition of these maps to the Wiki will be promptly deleted until they are officially announced by EA or DICE as is our policy. Users who coninuely add them may be faced with penalities -- 19:53, January 25, 2014 (UTC)
Battlelog has recieved an update for Battlefield 4. The update fixes many previous bugs that the website had been suffering from as well as many other improvements.
- Selecting expansion packs in the Server Browser will now properly filter servers that contain content of the selected expansion pack(s)
- Improved how the Chrome approval of the plugin is handled, so it doesn’t require a page refresh to be detected
- In Loadout, the “Set active kit” buttons are no longer shown when viewing others’ soldiers
- Added a “Apply to all” button for knives, grenades, vehicle/weapon paints, and pistols in Loadout
- Many items in Loadout now properly display if they require Premium or certain expansion packs to acquire (support for all items coming soon)
- Added the abil…
Read more >
Starting today on January 25th, 2014 at 2AM PDT / 10AM UTC, Battlefield Premium members will be able to take part in 48 hours of Double XP in Battlefield 4.Read more >
Following the reveal that Microsoft paid Youtubers to promote the Xbox One under certain conditions EA officially revealed that they too had a similar program for Battlefield 4 called the Ronku Assignment. It ran from October 29, 2013 to November 29th, 2013. Youtubers were paid $10 for every 1000 views relating to either BF4 or NFS Rivals with each producers limited to 3 videos and a view cap of 20 Million (Possible $200,000!).
Producers had to abide by certain criteria first before being paid.
- The agreement may not be disclosed to anyone
- Videos must relate to the good aspects of the game (similar to how Microsoft only allowed users to talk good of the Xbox One
- Glitches and problems are prohibited
- Videos largely should but were not limited to focu…
Read more >
A new version of China Rising was released in January 2014. This however caused a glitch that confused copies of Battlefield 4 with the original version of China Rising whether or not the expansion was downloaded.
This resulted in the inability to play on maps of the expansion and the suspended use of all unlocked weapons and gadgets from the expansion. DICE stated to reinstall China Rising to solve the problem.
It is essential owners heed this advice because sooner or later this error will occur, hell it happened to me yesterday on my B-day of all times. -- 13:50, January 22, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
Ok this is gonna sound pretty reidculouse but I need some help and I figured you guys are the bes to ask seeing as I hate Battlelog forums...
A few weeks ago I signed into Battlelog with the wrong account (I have two, one which is usefull but I only realised I had made another "wrong account" which doesn't connect with anything and keeps telling me to buy BF4). When I tried to sign out I couldn't. I click my name and see a sign out option but then the menu disappears and I go to my non existent profile page. I have tried it again and agian and it just won't stay open long enough for me to click sign out (I think it doesn't even realise I'm clicking sign out when I do click it). It's on auto sign in so I can't just close the site and open it…Read more >
I try my best to be a good commander but this is my most eventful, devastating defeat I experienced it start with me ordering armor to engage other enemy tanks and to capture the village flags they succeeded.But then the enemy commander came online and the factory flag and train became a infantry blood bath as D was moving to the enemies' area I ordered two squads to prevent this but what I didn't anticipate was the mg on the train being manned it was a massacre troops running to the ever slow objective being mowed down none survived. attempts to recapture it where futile as jeeps where destroyed trying to take it back we lost I will never forget the squad leaders cam. a hail of bullets taking out 8 players. while E was a place where m…Read more >
Well, I decided to have a more interaction with the community. So I decided to make a blog every week to discuss things about Battlefield 4. Today I considered best gun, until I relised we never learned abotu what maps we hate and why. All game modes are allowed (mines will be the TDM maps).
Heres my List:
Flood zone- A snipers haven, it seems every time in a TDM match there is a guy who camps with the 50. at the edge of the map, no matter what, the rooftops are just potshots and everyone is on the roof with claymores. Assaults mostly just spray at long range and I constantly take damage from guys with M240 bipods and the games take 15 minutes and its a waste of boost (for those who arnt familiar the average TDM games takes 10 minutes).
Dawnb…Read more >
I know this is extremely unlikely, but I have this idea I would like to share.
Everyone knows that in BF4 Portable Anti Air and AA vehicles in general seem to utterly destroy aircraft within a matter of seconds, worse off those active radar missiles. What if one way to counter them is something called a HARM missile?
I'm quite sure I got this right, but HARM IRL means High speed Anti Radiation Missile. To my knowledge, it guides to a radio signal or a high powered signal in general. What if the HARM missile can guide itself onto AA when the player is locked on by the opposing AA crew. The target doesn't even have to be right center. So long as the plane is facing the general direction of the AA it will lock and seek the source of the lock on…Read more >
Heres a short pile up of the recent discovery of secrets by JackFragsRead more >
I have heard of the legendary addicting mode in 2142 but never experienced it how ever I have a theory that dice is bringing it back with aircraft carriers, transport helis and boats. It may require controlling a place where AS missile fire upon the ship till a hole is opened allow boats to board and optionally disable the AA allowing helis to land then destroy the ships engines winning the game or maybe something else but one THINGS FOR SURE it will involve ships.Read more >
I dont like BF style of balance here why
1. Set damage and range per caliber- This alone doesn't allow much specialization. Yes the weapon performances do very but ever so slightly. Most guns in a class also share base spread accuracy- The main reason this is 1 is because this is the reason why gun like the M16A3 and AEK were such problems why use other guns when the AEK/M16 does everything just as good if not better then every other AR. This leads to 2
2. Removal of real life roles- Because of the system above most guns can perform in the real life roles. When guns with slow fire rate like the QBB 95 in bf3 and they dont have something to make them stand out why bother using them this problem has proceeded onto BF4 in a handful of weapons…Read more >
first things first BF4 IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER.but it needs balancing I am done with crashing the m26 heavy barrel and the stupid players and WHY is every one an engineer or recon why is the support underpowered why do dmrs suck I',m just done I maybe I should wait for bf4 to be fixed an play bf3 while it blows over ALso if you have any bf4 360 patch news put it on my talk page. thats the endRead more >