A Carbine is a firearm that combines the features of an Assault Rifle and PDWs. They utilize the same type of ammunition as assault rifles, giving them the advantage of standardization over PDWs that may use proprietary cartridges, and range over submachine guns that often use pistol ammunition.
The smaller size and lighter weight of carbines makes them easier to handle in close-quarter situations such as urban engagements, when deploying from military vehicles, or in any situation where space is confined. The disadvantages of carbines relative to assault rifles include inferior long-range accuracy and a shorter effective range due to their shorter barrel. Larger than a submachine gun, they are harder to maneuver in tight encounters where superior range and stopping power at distance are not great considerations.
- More compact than an assault rifle
- Have some degree of stopping power
- Many attachments available
- Larger than a submachine gun
- Shorter effective range and less long-distance accuracy than an average assault rifle
- Damage falloff is more severe than an assault rifle
Battlefield 2: Modern CombatEdit
Battlefield: Bad CompanyEdit
Battlefield: Bad Company 2Edit