Matkovic as seen on Operation Swordbreaker
Private First Class Christian Matkovic was a character who appeared in the Single Player campaign of Battlefield 3 and was seen or heard briefly in the Fault Line and Operation Guillotine trailers.
Little information is given about Matkovic in the game. He is a U.S. Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal technician attached to Misfit 1-3. He is seen in the game following orders from Misfit Actual or Captain Cole, assisting him in squad missions, and briefly assisting Staff Sergeant Henry Blackburn in some operations.
Christian Matkovic's personality is refered by David Montes on the mission Operation Swordbreaker like a boy scout. He is a strategist, and tactician of the squad in some reasons; he formed the idea of crossing two buildings with a plank, and using an AT4 to take out an enemy sniper on a distant building. He also seems to be laid back, by falling asleep in the truck on the way to assaulting Amir Kaffarov's villa.
- Matkovic is always seen with an AT4 Rocket Launcher on his back, and even though the AT4 is needed in some stages of the campaign, he never uses it. But he passed the AT4 to Blackburn while trying to eliminate an enemy sniper in the mission, Operation Swordbreaker.
- In the mission, Night Shift, Matkovic is seen manning a M240B, wearing a MARPAT uniform, and sunglasses. This is the only mission where Matkovic had a different appearence.
- Matkovic wears MultiCam (rather than MARPAT) patterned fatigues. As the United States Marine Corps does not use MultiCam, it is a clear indication that Matkovic is an attached Naval EOD TEC rather than a Marine.
- In the Fault Line Gameplay Trailer, however, Matkovic is wearing MARPAT camouflage.
- He may take his physical apperance from Kyle Siebert, who played Cpl. John Burris on GenerationKill.
- Matkovic seems to be open about his personal things. This is shown in the mission Rock and a Hard Place, when he wakes up to tell about his dream. Oddly, his dream was about drinking a vanilla milkshake.
- Seaman Apprentice is his real rank if he is an EOD TEC.