Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Defuse is a gamemode featured in Battlefield 4.
The gamemode pits two squads of five players as either attackers or defenders against one another in close quarter situations in a series of six rounds with the winner being the team with the most wins.
The objective of the attacking team is to either eliminate all members of the defending team or arm and destroy one of the two M-COM stations with a Bomb found in the attackers spawn. The objective of the defending team is to prevent the detonation of an objective and to eliminate all members of the attacking team.
Once killed, players cannot respawn until next round, and each player can only be revived once per round. Killed teammates may spectate the match until the round ends. If all players on the attacking team are dead, but the bomb is still planted, the match will continue until the bomb is either defused or explodes. Also, the bomb will go off regardless if someone is defusing or not, unlike the M-COM stations in the Rush game mode.
A round ends when:
- All players on a team have been killed.
- The defending team has defused the bomb.
- The attacking team successfully destroys an objective.
The gamemode is available on all maps.
- During Battlefield 4's development, the gamemode was internally known as "Elimination".
- Destruction and weather are persistent through three rounds, not resetting until teams switch.
- A glitch may occur if the Attackers plant the bomb but then win the round by elimination. The bomb may then explode in the next round, causing the Attackers to win again.
- This game mode originated from the Counter-Strike video game series.