Donya Fortress (Persian: دژ دنیا) is one of the four maps featured in the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters expansion pack.
"This old fort has now turned modern palace, and its strategic placement is undeniable. Donya Fortress is said to be used both as arms storage and training grounds."
Along with the other three maps of the Close Quarters DLC, this map is among the smallest ever made for a Battlefield game, but makes up for it with its emphasis on vertical combat. A second story overlooks a central courtyard which itself has a narrow four lane underground segment. Just like the other CQ maps it is designed for the 16 player gameplay though this restriction is often raised to 32 or 64 on many PC servers.
In Conquest Domination, three flags are dispersed both laterally and vertically along the central line of the map that splits the two main spawn zones.
Stationed on the highest point in the map overlooking the whole of the central courtyard, it is made quite difficult to capture due to its high visibility and the destructible barriers guarding it leave even a proned soldier susceptible to bullet damage. It, like Charlie, is one of the more difficult flags to keep maintain on the map.
Placed beneath the central courtyard in a narrow four path hallway. The small inlets on the walls near the flag allow for fairly sneaky captures.
Often the most trafficked and interchanged flag, it is placed on ground level in a two story section of map. It is quite difficult to capture due to a lack of cover, other than slender stone columns, and has many inlets from both spawns on ground and second story levels.
- Donya means "world" (دنیا) in Persian. It is pronounced as "dun-e-uh" or "dun-ya".
- Every minute, there will be a scripted flight of an F/A-18E Super Hornet chasing a Russian Su-35BM Flanker-E. In addition, a Antonov An-22 will fly over the map.
- There are Lion and Sun (the previous Iranian symbol) decors located throughout the fortress.
- A cow can be heard in the distance.
- There is a model of the Normandy ship from the Mass Effect Series on a book shelf in the second level of the map.
- The map takes inspiration from real-life palaces and old Iranian monarchic compounds located throughout Tehran.
- It was first shown in the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Donya Fortress Gameplay Trailer.
- In the game files this map is named XP2_Palace.