Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hamid Al-Zakir as seen in the co-op level "Exfiltration".
|Affiliation||People's Liberation and Resistance (formerly)|
|Status||Alive (as of 2014)|
Hamid Al-Zakir (Persian: حمید الذاکر), (sometimes spelled Hamid El Zakir) is a former high-ranking officer who defected from the PLR. He is featured in the co-op campaign of Battlefield 3 in Exfiltration.
Snake 6-6 is tasked with escorting him safely back to the Humvees from his apartment in Baghdad. He relays information about Abu Muhammad and a company in Paris that holds important files detailing the PLR's attack plans.
- He wields a Saiga 12K semi-automatic shotgun.
- His head model is identical to Faruk Al-Bashir.
- The audio folder for "Exfiltration" contains several lines belonging to Al-Zakir, which identify him as "King of Spades" (ID_vo_co09_kingofspades_02 0 0 0 ). This could potentially be a reference to the real-life set of playing cards used by US forces during the 2003 invasion of Iraq in order to identify high-ranking officials of the Iraqi Ba'ath Party.
- He is impervious to bullets, explosives, or any other weapon. Thus preventing the player from killing him.
- Like Al-Bashir, Al-Zakir seems to be an Arabic surname, given its "Al-" definite article. This does not exist in Persian, which may be because of the game developer's overlook. Bashiri and Zakiri, however, would work.
- His appearance differs between the GamesCom 2011 co-op demo and the actual game. In the demo, he had a different hairstyle and a beard and mustache. In the actual game, he looks similar to Faruk Al-Bashir as mentioned above.
- He only has four lines in the game, all of them being spoken in Persian.
- He always appears to have 50% health on the health bar above him.
- Although he has a Saiga 12K, he never uses it at all in the entire mission, probably due to it being without a magazine, though this could have been overlooked by DICE.