|High Value Target|
|Heavy Metal ← → Sangre del Toro|
Puente de Inca, Argentina
Locate HVT Kirilenko:
Capture HVT Kirilenko:
After Redford interrogates the Russian prisoner who seems to have family in Texas, Bravo-Two rides in with a Marine convoy to locate Kirilenko. On the way, a bridge filled with clutter prompts the convoy to stop and slowly move across, in case of IEDs. Soon enough, the convoy gets ambushed by the Russians; at first by multiple RPG soldiers, and finally a BMD-3. A couple of the vehicles in the convoy get destroyed, but they proceed on forward. As they are approaching the town the HVT is holed up in, two F/A-18 Hornets bomb a nearby tunnel to prevent the escape of Kirilenko. They meet yet another BMD-3, but manage to destroy it before any major damage occurs to the rest of the convoy. As they approach the village, a ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft gun pins them down, killing all of the Marines and leaving Bravo-Two without support. Eventually, air support rids them of the AA gun. After moving into the village, the United States Navy artillery bombardment begins early and tears the squad's cover to shreds. Moving through the wreckage and combating surviving Russian forces, they make their way into a sewage system where they climb into Kirilenko's hideout. After holding him at gunpoint, Kirilenko inserts much more suspicion about Aguire in the squad. Sweetwater discovers something about a freighter named the Sangre del Toro. Kirilenko then escapes after another artillery bombardment hits the building they were in.
Tips and Tactics
- As with all missions involving vehicles focus your attention on the enemies with rocket launchers. During this one they won't target you first initially but they will eventually turn their attention to you. Even on hard difficulty there will be a short delay before they fire their missiles. Aim for the upperbody/neck as recoil will cause you to hit them in the head.
- While in the bombardment, stick with Redford and try not to hug the buildings on fire too hard. Some of them collapse and if you are too close you will die as well when it goes.
- The collectible XM8 Prototype is here as well, and can be picked up from the dead Marines after you call in the air strike on the ZU-23-2 AA gun. Against the fires caused by the artillery bombardment, the iron sights can be very effective.
- Wild spraying, while in places effective, isn't recommended on this level. As the .50 cal MG has an overheat function, controlled bursts make the most out of the amount of shooting available, without sacrificing accuracy.
M-COM Station Locations
- The first M-COM Station can be found as soon as the player reaches the village. It is in a house on the right before the bombardment begins.
- The second M-COM is near the drainage canal entrance nearby the water puddle.
- This mission has a reference to the TV Miniseries "Generation Kill" where the Marines' Humvee convoy gets pinned down by a Zeus anti-aircraft gun to the left, and the Marines' jump out their Humvees and take cover in an embankment while waiting for air support (in the show, an AH-1W SuperCobra; in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 an F/A-18 Hornet. Both are used by the Marine Corps)
- Another variant of the HMMWV exists, mounted with a TOW missile launcher instead of the .50 Cal HMG.
- It is possible to kill the lead Humvee when arriving on the bridge. Simply fire into the red barrels on the abandoned trucks and watch the Humvee blow up.
- In this mission the player hears Preston swear, prompting a congratulation from Sweetwater which he thought was the first time he swore, even though he swore in the first mission We let that piece of shit go?.
- For some reason, after destroying the AA gun, the Marines who are with the squad magically die with no reason at all, spawning XM8 Prototypes without the 4X Rifle Scope.
- Strangely, the HMMWVs say US Army on the side.
- Towards the beginning of the mission, one of the marines says "Get some, Get some!" which can be a reference to a part of the movie "Full Metal Jacket" when one of the helicopter gunners shoots down Vietnamese civilians and repeats "Get Some" in the same tone as the marine in the mission.
- After destroying the anti-air gun, there is a dead US soldier laying on the right on the second Humvee. While aiming at him, Preston will lower his gun and not be able to fire, similar to if you point your gun and any other live friendly. This is because the "dead" soldier is unintentionally still alive, and shooting a grenade launcher (or any other gun) at the body will cause him to yell at you, saying "Friendly fire!" or any of the other friendly fire phrases. The soldier will never move, and is still in a death posture. This was obviously unintended by DICE.