The subject of this article is a recent or unreleased addition to a Battlefield game. It may contain speculation or errors.
Have new, relevant information to add? Why not help out?
The Imperial German Army or Deutsches Heer was the name given to the combined land and air forces but not the Marine-Fliegerabteilung maritime aviation formations of the Kaiserliche Marine, of the German Empire. It was formed after the unification of Germany under Prussian leadership in 1871 and dissolved in 1919, after the defeat of the German Empire in World War I.
- Rifleman - standard German infantry. They wear trench coats and helmets (Pickelhaube or Stahlhelm). They use a Gewehr 98 or a Selbstlader M1916.
- Assault - they look similar to Multiplayer Assault. They wear Stahlhelm or Gaede helmet (worn by Support in Multiplayer). Some of them wear scarfs. They use either an MP 18 or a 12g Automatic.
- Support - they look like the multiplayer version of Germany's Support kit, but they wear a Stahlhelm instead of a Gaede helmet. They use an MG15 n.A..
- Scout - they wear a trench coat and an armored sniper mask (similar to Sentry headgear). They use the Gewehr 98 Marksman variant.
- Flame Trooper - they're essentially their multiplayer variant and use the Wex.
- Tanker - they look identical to MP Tanker. They use the P08 Artillerie variant.
In singleplayer, the standard German tank is the A7V, but they also use captured Beutepanzer Mark V Landships and Renault FTs. Their standard aircraft is the Fokker Dr.I. They use Gotha G.IVs and Airship L30s as well.
In Battlefield 1, the German Empire is one of the six factions to be initially playable in multiplayer, participating alongside the other nations of the Central Powers, Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire, in the fight against the Allies. The German stormtroopers are identified by their distinctive trench coats and tunics in standard Feldgrau colouration with crimson seam piping, underneath the pouched-adorned leather equipment harness. Most classes also come wearing the highly advanced and iconic Stahlhelm, with the Assault kit's helmet painted with an early standardized camouflage pattern. However, the Cavalry kit wears a "Pickelhaube" helmet, which can be easily identified because of it's distinctive spike on top.
The Imperial German Army are the most common faction out of all available factions, and currently featured on maps of the Western Front, where they face the British, American and French armed forces along the front lines of northern France.