The subject of this article is a recent or unreleased addition to a Battlefield game. It may contain speculation or errors.
Have new, relevant information to add? Why not help out?
Incursions is a gamemode set to be introduced to Battlefield 1. The gamemode is centered on competitive play between players in 5v5 matches. It was announced on August 21st, 2017 at Gamescom 2017. Registration currently open for the Closed Alpha on PC and Console. (more info on forum post)
The gamemode pits two teams of five players against one another in small-scale battles. Regardless of the map, there are only two factions: Allies and Central Powers. The games are played out over 14 sets, the winner being the first to win 8 sets. The winner of a set is the first team to accumulate 10 tickets within that set. Tickets are awarded for killing, performing squad wipes, destroying an enemy vehicle, and holding flags.
Similar to Frontlines, the gamemode features 3 flags that can only be captured sequentially. Players will choose between ten different preset subclasses before the start of a match and cannot change their class once the match has started. The gamemode features its own progression system which gives players access to improved weapons and specializations within the match based on teamplay and performing tasks that benefits the team. A limited number of vehicles will also be available as well as lobby-based matchmaking.
with the release of Sinai Desert in Incursions, DICE announced a new gamemode called "King of the Hill". King of the Hill mode has three sectors per half. To win a match, team need to win four sectors. Each sector has one flag to contest. Holding the flag generates tickets, and the first team to fill a set wins the sector. No other action than holding the flag contributes to tickets. When a sector is completed, both teams are transferred to the next sector. If the match end as draw (3-3), an overtime phase will start.
DICE release Amiens to Incursions with the gamemode called "Squad Breakthrough". Squad Breakthrough play like Operations with the smaller scale by reduce number of flags per sector to 1 and shorter distance.
Incursions — Capture and Hold the FlagEdit
- Teams of five start with control of a flag and rush to control the neutral B flag for tickets.
- Tickets can also be earned from kills, vehicles destroyed, and squad wipes.
- The first team to have 10 tickets in a set wins the whole set. The first team to score 8 sets win the match.
- Flag control is linear. Flag B must be owned to capture A or C from the enemy.
- All tickets are wiped when one team wins a set, always be aware of your enemies' ticket count.
King of the Hill — Control Key ObjectivesEdit
- Teams of five battle over control of one flag in each of three sectors.
- Only the control of the sector's flag awards tickets.
- The first to ten tickets wins the sector.
- Match victory is earned with four sectors wins.
Squad Breakthrough — Attack and DefendEdit
- Breakthrough consists of a team of five defending flags from attackers with a limited amount of spawn tickets.
- Attacker must take the sector's flag before their spawn tickets run out, else they lose and switch sides for the second half.
The kits featured in Incursions are loadouts focused exclusively for the gamemode. Some of the kits use weapons normally available to a different class, and some of the gadgets and specializations are modified from the base game.
Along with equipment, each kit has access to a default specialization. As play progresses, players may gain two additional specializations.
- Armored Car
- FT-17 Tank Hunter - Built on the same body as the FT-17, the Tank Hunter sacrifices mobility and aim for a much heavier punch.
Private Match features was enable on 15 December 2017. Player who create the lobby can choose region and map that want to play. After that, Player will get a match key that can share to other 9 players. Admin can move other player between 2 teams and spectator slots before the match start.
There are five ranks available with 3 tiers for each rank including
Take place in Sinai Desert Redux, Practice Range allow players to try all of the kits in Incursions as well as information to explain game mode rules and hints.
Introduced on 10 April 2018. Practice Mode play in one half only, giving access to switching kits while in deploy screen but one team still can't use the same kit at the same time.
Player ranking will unaffected at the end of the match.
- Abandoning a match will prevent leaver from matchmaking for 5 minutes following the end of the match.
- Abandoning 2 matches will prevent leaver from matchmaking for 1 hour following the end of the match.
- Abandoning 3 matches will prevent leaver from matchmaking for 24 hours following the end of the match.
- 21 August 2017 - DICE announced Incursions.
- 21 August 2017 - Incursions Closed Alpha open for register.
- 25 August 2017 - DICE revealed information for 5 kits in Incursions.
- 21 September 2017 - Incursions Closed Alpha can be play by select player from register site with the Giant's Shadow Redux as a first map for Incursions.
- 21 September 2017 - DICE revealed information for another 3 kits in Incursions.
- 11 October 2017 - DICE announced an improved version of Giant's Shadow Redux.
- 19 October 2017 - Incursions Closed Alpha renamed to Incursions Community Environment.
- 2 November 2017 - DICE added Combat Sniper kit and Tank Hunter vehicle.
- 17 November 2017 - DICE announced Sinai Desert Redux as a second map for Incursions with "King of the Hill" gamemode.
- 23 November 2017 - Sinai Desert Redux added to Incursions.
- 14 December 2017 - DICE start to collect player data for skillbased matchmaking.
- 15 December 2017 - DICE added Private Match features.
- 21 December 2017 - DICE enabled skill based matchmaking.
- 17 January 2018 - DICE announced Amiens as a third map for Incursions with "Squad Breakthrough" gamemode.
- 25 January 2018 - Amiens added to Incursions along with Party Matchmaking features.
- 8 February 2018 - DICE updated Amiens to Redux version, added timeouts penalty for leaver and added first Assignment in Incursions.
- 17 February 2018 - Incursions Producer posted an early build of consoles version on Twitter.
- 21 February 2018 - DICE announced an upcoming in-game progression update.
- 13 March 2018 - DICE announced Incursions Multiplayer servers will be on a "temporarily hiatus".
- 10 April 2018 - Battlefield 1 Incursions Community Environment available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Console players who have access to Community Test Environment will get access to Incursions.
- The internal name for Incursions is Callisto.
- Early builds of Incursions is based around Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass Update version.