The JNG-90 Bora is a Turkish bolt-action Sniper Rifle that uses the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge designed and produced by Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation (MKEK). It is currently in use with the Azerbaijani and Turkish military.
|Damage||80 - 59|
|Unlocked at||Complete Bullet Point assignment|
|Magazine size||10 + 1 Rounds|
|Starting ammunition||66 + 11 rounds|
|Maximum ammunition||110 + 11 rounds|
|Reload time||2.5 seconds loaded|
4.6 seconds empty
|Rate of fire||46.2 RPM|
|First shot recoil multiplier||1.5x|
|Recoil descrease per second||15.0|
|Spread zoomed||Moving: 0.0 (static) 1.5 (moving) Crouching: 0.0 (static) 1.0 (moving) Prone: 0.0 (static) 1.0 (moving)|
|Spread unzoomed||Standing: 5.0 (static) 6.0 (moving) Crouching: 4.0 (static) 5.0 (moving) Prone: 3.0 (static) 5.0 (moving)|
|Spread increase per bullet||1.2|
|Spread decrease per second||15.0|
|Faction|| United States Marine Corps|
Russian Ground Forces
|Source of statistics||Retrieved Oct. 10|
|Inventory slot||Main weapon|
Ballistic Scope (10 kills)
Laser Sight (20 kills)
Bipod (30 kills)
Tactical Light (40 kills)
PSO-1 (50 kills)
Straight Pull Bolt (60 kills)
Suppressor (70 kills)
PKA-S (80 kills)
Kobra (90 kills)
IRNV (100 kills)
Rifle Scope (125 kills)
PK-A (150 kills)
ACOG (175 kills)
Holographic (200 kills)
Reflex (235 kills)
M145 (270 kills)
The JNG-90 is a weapon introduced in the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters expansion and is unlocked upon the completion of the Bullet Point assignment. It was first seen in the Close Quarters Donya Fortress Gameplay Trailer.
The JNG-90 functions similarity to the L96, featuring a slow bolt cycle time, high bullet velocity, and a 10 round magazine. Its stats stand between the medium velocity rifles like the M40A5 and SV98, and the M98B with its extreme velocity. The bolt cycle times on both the L96 and JNG-90 are very slow compared even to the M98B while the magazine size is 10 rounds like the medium velocity rifles.
Like all bolt action rifles, the JNG-90 kills in one shot to the head at all ranges, and two shots to the body at all ranges where the rifle does not do its maximum damage. The chest multiplier makes one hit kills possible out to 15 meters. The damage profile is shared with the L96 and M40, giving slightly higher damage than the SV98 at extreme ranges, but lower damage than the M98B when up close.
|Damage||100 - 59|
|Magazine size||10 + 1|
|Starting ammunition||44 + 11|
|Rate of fire||41 RPM|
|Unlocks||Variable Zoom (14x) (10 kills)|
Bipod (20 kills)
PSO-1 (4x) (30 kills)
Canted Ironsights (40 kills)
Straight Pull Bolt (50 kills)
Kobra (RDS) (60 kills)
Laser Sight (70 kills)
Suppressor (80 kills)
PK-A (3.4x) (90 kills)
Flash Light (100 kills)
Muzzle Brake (110 kills)
PKA-S (1x) (120 kills)
Ballistic Scope (40x)(130 kills)
Range Finder (140 kills)
- It is shown unlocking a 12x Ballistic Scope while using a Bipod and a 8x scope in the gameplay trailer for Donya Fortress, as, in the released version of Close Quarters, the Ballistic Scope is unlocked first.
- In Battlefield 3, the JNG-90 gets an unusually high amount of ammunition in reserve totaling in at 66 rounds without the AMMO specialization being equipped and 110 in reserve with the AMMO specialization equipped. This is actually the highest of amount of reserve ammunition for a bolt-action rifle in the game.
- In Battlefield 3, the JNG-90 has the same hexagonal camouflage as the QBU-88.
- All of the Battlefield 3 DLC sniper rifles do not have scopes attached on their respective proficiency dogtag, the JNG-90 being one of them.
- The JNG-90 is the first weapon to originate from Turkey in the Battlefield series, the second being the UTS-15.
- When pulling the bolt aimed in, the scope/iron sight will come closer to the players view. This is unique to the JNG-90.