|Jennifer "Wedge" Hawkins|
Hawkins' view from her seat in the jet.
F/A-18F Fighter Jet
Lieutenant Jennifer Coleby "Wedge" Hawkins is a playable character in Battlefield 3.
Hawkins is a Weapon Systems Officer in the United States Navy who co-pilots an F/A-18F fighter jet. In the fourth mission entitled Going Hunting, Hawkins is responsible for engaging the targets near Mehrabad Airport in Tehran. However, during the mission, both she and her pilot begin to engage hostile jets manned by Iranian Air Force pilots. They successfully survived the dogfight and were able to return back to their base.
- Jennifer is the first and so far only female playable character in the entire Battlefield series.
- She is one of two characters that do not make a full appearance nor have a speaking role, the other being Jonathan Miller.
- In the pre-mission cut-scene for Going Hunting, in the subtitles, her middle name is spelt as "Colby," but during the mission it is spelt "Coleby."
- Her callsign may be a reference to Wedge Antilles, a fighter pilot in the Star Wars films.
- She is the only playable character who doesn't see Henry Blackburn or meet him in the same mission.
- She is the only playable character whom the player plays as in only one mission in Battlefield 3.
- In Battlefield 4, female pilot named Hawkins (it is unknown if it's the same one from BF3) was shot down and killed trying to rescue a squad of American Soldiers.