Brady outside the Metropolitan Bank during Operation Guillotine.
|Actor||David Menkin (Voice/Model)|
|Affiliation||United States Marine Corps|
|First appearance||Operation Guillotine|
|Last appearance||Operation Guillotine|
Joseph Brady is a Captain of USMC unit Haymaker, during Operation Guillotine.
He notifies Misfit 1-3 that they are merging with his unit, Haymaker, for the remainder of the operation, and orders them to follow him to the Metropolitan Bank in a Humvee, but the group is ambushed by the PLR on a highway before they arrive.
Brady survives the ambush, and is next seen at the bank, where he orders Blackburn and Matkovic to find a way through the back. After the bank is cleared, Brady orders Misfit 1-3 to secure the vault and search for intelligence. From this point on, he is not seen afterwards in the game.
Captain Brady seems to be a confident leader during Operation Guillotine. He remains calm, and sounds like he trusts Misfit 1-3. For example, when ordering Misfit 1-3 to secure intel in the basement of the bank, he says "Find it. Bag it.", implying he has confidence in the fact that they will complete their objective.
- In the Co-op campaign, Player 1 uses Captain Brady's third-person model (excluding the goggles) in some missions.
- His actor, David Menkin, also voiced Preston Marlowe in the Bad Company series.
- Brady's character model is very similar to the US Recon class in multiplayer. They have the same attire, but Brady wears a combat helmet rather than a shemagh, as well as ballistic glasses.
- Brady is one of two of the joint-highest ranking characters seen in-game, the other being Captain Cole.
- At the roadblock where the PLR ambush the unit, Brady will stand against the oil tanker and is subsequently engulfed in the explosion, but is completely unaffected.
- He may be dead as his forces were still clearing the building when PLR forces surrounded them. However, this is this not made clear.
- When asked about any surviving teams, Campo says there is no one left. This may hint towards his death.
- In the game's novel, Battlefield 3: The Russian, Brady is described as being somebody that pushes his men hard. During Operation Guillotine, he drives with Blackburn's squad and a PLR prisoner in a HMMWV before being ambushed and, differing from the game's singleplayer, gets killed.