The MP-412 REX is a .357 magnum Russian double action revolver designed by Izhevsk Mechanical Plant in the late 1990s. It was designed for export (REX: Revolver for EXport), but never put into full production due to lack of a market.
Battlefield: Bad Company Edit
In multiplayer, the MP412 is the companion sidearm for the Middle Eastern Coalition Recon kit. It has a capacity of 6 rounds, balanced out by high power, requiring 3 body shots to kill. Because its rate of fire is identical to that of the other pistols, the MP412 can kill significantly faster than the M9 or MP443, making it arguably the best handgun in the game. The GOL is always accompanied by the MP412.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2Edit
18 + 6 (without Ammo Upgrade)
|Rate of fire||
Only available in multiplayer, the MP-412 REX is issued to all kits and is unlocked at level 12. It has a 6 round capacity and has the least spread and second highest damage out of any hand-held weapon in the game (second only to the sniper rifles), but is balanced by it's low rate of fire, small magazine size, long reload time, and heavy recoil.
At close range, the MP-412 REX, with Magnum Ammunition equipped, is capable of a two-shot kill with body shots, as well as a one-shot kill by a headshot.
The MP-412 Rex is available for purchase in the Battlefield Play4Free game store. It has a low rate of fire and high kick, but the firecap is low enough that the kick is negligible. It does the highest damage per shot out of any gun in the game, only excluding bolt-action snipers, killing in three shots at close range. However the gun's low rate of fire and high kick make it hard to use at long range, when multiple shots are needed to kill an enemy.
Also, the weapon comes at a high cost of up to 3749 for unlimited use, but a one day trial of this gun is avaliable for every player.
The MP412 REX deals high damage and will kill enemies in 2-5 rounds, depending on distance. At close range, a headshot with the Rex will always kill an enemy in 1 shot. It's worth noting it has a slightly worse hipfire accuracy than the other pistols except the automatics at 1.25.
The MP412 REX is unlocked for multiplayer, when an overall score of 5,000 points is achieved in Co-Op, it is the first weapon unlocked from Co-Op.
The MP-412 appears in the Battlefield 4: "Fishing in Baku" Gameplay Reveal Trailer where Dunn gives it to Recker so he shoots the front window of the SUV, giving their squad a chance to escape the sinking SUV.
- The Battlefield 3 rendition of MP-412 has a significantly shorter barrel than in BF:BC2 and BF:P4F, and more resembles its appearance in BF:BC.
- The Battlefield 3 variant of the MP-412 features a reloading animation that is different from its previous iterations where upon opening the revolver, the spent casings are automatically ejected, not manually poured out. This accurately demonstrates the automatic ejector in the gun.
- The MP-412 is the only pistol in Battlefield 3 not to have a variant.
- In Battlefield 3, the MP-412 mastery dogtag is glitched and instead shows the kill count of the MP-443.
- In Battlefield 3, the MP-412's chamber will sometimes disappear during the reload animation.