Matkovic as seen on Operation Swordbreaker
Matkovic is a U.S. Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal technician attached to Misfit 1-3. He is seen in the game following orders from Misfit Actual or Captain Quinton Cole, assisting him in squad missions, and briefly assisting Staff Sergeant Henry Blackburn in some operations.
Christian Matkovic's personality is referred by David Montes during Operation Swordbreaker to be like a "boy scout". He is a strategist and tactician of the squad in some scenarios: he formed the idea of crossing two buildings with a plank, and using an M136 AT4 to take out an enemy sniper in a distant building. He also seems to be laid back, falling asleep in the truck on the way to assaulting Amir Kaffarov's villa.
- Matkovic is always seen with an AT4 Rocket Launcher on his back, and even though the AT4 is needed in some stages of the campaign, he never uses it himself. In one instance, he passes the AT4 to Blackburn while trying to eliminate an enemy sniper in the mission, Operation Swordbreaker.
- In the mission, Night Shift, Matkovic is seen with an M240B machine gun, wearing a MARPAT uniform, and sunglasses. This is the only mission where Matkovic had a different appearance.
- Matkovic wears MultiCam (rather than MARPAT) patterned fatigues. As the United States Marine Corps does not use MultiCam, it is a clear indication that Matkovic is an attached Naval EOD tech rather than a Marine.
- In the Fault Line Gameplay Trailer, however, Matkovic is wearing MARPAT camouflage.
- He may take his physical appearance from Kyle Siebert, who played Cpl. John Burris on Generation Kill.
- Matkovic seems to be open about his personal thoughts. This is shown in the mission, Rock and a Hard Place, when he wakes up to tell about his dream about drinking a vanilla milkshake.
- Seaman Apprentice is his real rank if he is an EOD technician of the United States Navy.