The SR-25 (Stoner Rifle 25), designated Mk 11 Mod 0 by the United States Marine Corps, is a semi-automatic weapon system based on the famous AR-10 designed by Eugene Morrison Stoner. It fires the 7.62×51mm NATO round from a 10 or 20-round box magazine, and is designed for parts commonality with the AR-15 and M16 platforms. USSOCOM took interest in the rifle in the late '90s, and was adopted by several special forces branches and the USMC in 2000. After about 15 years in service, it is currently being phased out by the Marines and SOCOM for the modernized M110 and SSR Mk 20, respectively.
In Singleplayer mode, the Mk 11 Mod 0 is used during the mission, Operation Swordbreaker with a Rifle Scope. It is primarily intended to cover Chaffin's extraction after taking out the enemy sniper in the hotel. It is also seen in Night Shift being used by Steve Campo equipped with a Holographic Sight and Suppressor.
In multiplayer, it is the standard-issue rifle of the USMC Recon kit. It is a default unlock for the USMC, and is the equivalent of the SVD for the Russian faction and—like the SVD and M39 EMR—is equipped with a 10-round-magazine, a semi-automatic firemode, and high damage. Out of the three, it possesses the fastest reload. It is later unlocked for the Russian faction at 195,000 Recon points.
The Mk11 Mod 0 returns in Battlefield 4.
The Mk11 Mod 0 is first available at the beginning of Baku, along with the SCAR-H. Afterwards, it can be equipped at any Weapon Crate. It comes with an ACOG sight and a Compensator. It sports an Atomic Urban finish.
The Mk11 Mod 0 is unlocked after scoring 8,000 points with DMRs. Compared to RFB, it has a slightly better aimed accuracy as well as a better reload speed than the RFB, but suffers from a worse hip fire accuracy, as the Mk11 Mod 0 is not a bullpup DMR, unlike the RFB. The Mk11 Mod 0 is almost statistically identical to the SCAR-H SV, with faster velocity and longer maximum range, while the SCAR-H SV has faster empty reload and less tendency to drift right than the Mk11 Mod 0.
The SR-25 ECC is a semi-automatic sniper rifle featured in Battlefield Hardline, exclusive to the Law Enforcement Professional. It has a larger magazine size and a higher rate of fire than most of the other semi-autos, but it does slightly less damage and less effective at range.
- It shares an identical reload animation with the M4 and the M16A3/M16A4.
- On its proficiency dogtag, the Mk11 is modified with a 12x Ballistic Scope, bipod, and suppressor.
- The Mk11 has a trademark stamp for the fictional "P Corp" at the rear of its upper receiver.
- The SR-25 ECC is actually based on the Knights Armament Company SR-25 E2 APC (Advanced Precision Carbine), a variant of the SR-25 intended for medium range marksman shooting, despite it being named after the Knights Armament Company SR-25 E2 ACC (Advanced Combat Carbine).
- The SR-25 ECC was one of a handful of weapons present in Hardline's June beta files in an unfinished state, but could be equipped if the beta's files were modified to allow their use. Since PunkBuster was not used during the beta, the weapons could be used online in this fashion.
- In this state, the weapon had a magazine size of 20, its iron sights were untextured, and used Battlefield 4's Mk11 Mod 0 model and icon as placeholders.