|Part of the|
Spratly Islands, South China Sea
All, including Carrier Assault
PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Nansha Strike (Chinese: 南沙之襲) is a map featured in the Battlefield 4: Naval Strike expansion. It is set in the Spratly Islands on the South China Sea. It features the largest ocean stretch in any Battlefield map to date.
Design NotesEdit"Nansha Strike is a very boat heavy map with several bases spread out in the water to battle it out on, while at the same time allowing total infantry control of the middle areas. The central area provides a lot of cover for infantry and is a death trap for water vehicles if they try to enter it via the small rivers. The surrounding bases can be captured from the water, with some offering big bases in the middle of the sea for infantry. This is where the more powerful vehicles spawn, which makes them key to own and control."
The docks are on a small island away from the main one. The objective consists of a small concrete jetty and several medium sized huts, surrounded by building materials and three large fuel containers. An ACV and a scout helicopter spawn close to the jetty, to get around the map quickly.
The outpost consists of a concrete building and several crates. A small trench line separates the objective from the ocean. It is part of the main island in the map. An ACV spawns on the nearby beach.
Three small fortified islands are joined by walkways at this flag. Two contain houses similar to the building in Test Range, the third is under construction. A Scout Helicopter will spawn on the pad, which is connected to an island by scaffolding. An ACV also spawns in between two of the islands.
The gardens are behind a house similar to the ones at objective B in conquest large on Paracel Storm. A stone with writing in Chinese on is in front of the building. A sniper tower is also close to the objective.
- In gamemodes such as Conquest, Obliteration, and Carrier Assault, the Chinese deployment is that of a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship, which is only of U.S. origin.
- Instead, the naval vessel that possibly would fit the same role as the USS Essex (LHD-2) would be a Type 071 (Yuzhao-class) amphibious transport dock, which roughly serves the same purpose in the People's Liberation Army Navy.
- In the underground tunnel, there is a mysterious door with a security camera next to it that strangely locks on to nearby by players and starts to beep and follow them.
- The Chinese writing next to it translates to "Underground Project 273. Prepare for war, prepare for famine, for the sake of the people". This phrase is curiously found in a book called "Mao's War Against Nature" which talks about nuclear war. "Mao" may refer to Mao Zedong, the late leader of the Chinese Communist Party.
- After standing in front of the door long enough and looking at the camera, ghost-like voices say "Leave this place... stay away... get out...".
- Strangely, a radio dish can be found submerged in the water at the outskirts of the map (this could be a development error).
- There's an easter egg that can be triggered by positioning at least ten players around the floating buoy between flag A and B (Conquest Large). Some seconds later a gigantic shark/Megalodon will jump out of the water and return to the depths of the ocean whilst killing anyone in its path. .
- This easter egg was once believed to have been in Paracel Storm.
- During the loading sequence, radio chatter mentioning Shark 4-6 can be heard.