|Fear No Evil ← → Rock and a Hard Place|
November 2, 2014
Secure marine insertion:
Reach RV point Bravo:
Secure marine crossing:
Meet up with Misfit 4-1:
Reach RV point Charlie:
Support marine assault:
Protect H.V.T. until extraction arrives:
Extract H.V.T. to Osprey:
Clearing the way for the MarinesEdit
The mission starts out with Henry Blackburn and Steve Campo on a building overlooking the Misfit's LZ, and the player is ordered to take out the lights. Throughout the rooftops, the player then needs to protect Cole and the squad from PLR forces across the streets.
When allowing Cole to reach to the next street, Blackburn and Campo go down on the street level. In these events, the player must avoid contact with the PLR as it is required for the player to sneak through checkpoints - from alleys up to overpasses. When you reach another rooftop, you are again required to secure Cole's team.
The player then goes down a few buildings and finds the place where Jonathan Miller was executed, you then fight your way down to another sniping point, then you assist with Misfit teams's assault on Al-Bashir's presumed location. It takes several enemy waves as the Misfits search the location. After fending off the PLR, Al-Bashir tries to escape in a vehicle, the player sprints to the top of a nearby building, in which you shoot Al-Bashir's vehicle, disabling it and incapacitating him.
Defending Campo and the HVTEdit
You then go to a mall where you fend off the oncoming PLR forces until you can be extracted with Al-Bashir. Afterwards, when extracted by a V-22 Osprey, on the verge of death after a medical injection, he then tells you information about Solomon, and his plan to detonate the two remaining nukes and how he was betrayed by Solomon. Al-Bashir then dies, while Campo and Blackburn check his cellular phone for extra intel.
Related Achievements and TrophiesEdit
The following achievements/trophies can be completed on this mission.
|Army of Darkness||Shot out the 4 lights with 4 bullets in Night Shift||30 G||Bronze|
|Twofor||Took down 2 enemies with 1 bullet in Night Shift||15 G||Bronze|
|Wanted: Dead or Alive||Captured Al-Bashir||20 G||Bronze|
Walkthrough Video - Part 1EditBattlefield 3 Walkthrough - Night Shift Part 1(13:28)
Walkthrough Video - Part 2EditBattlefield 3 Walkthrough - Night Shift Part 2(14:28)
- During part of the mission, Cole states that he does not want a "Bin Laden style resolution", which is a reference to how the US Navy killed Osama bin Laden during a kill/capture mission.
- If you shoot out all the lights with only 4 bullets of your sniper rifle, you can earn the Army of Darkness Achievement/Trophy.
- There is also another Achievement/Trophy, called Twofor, which is obtained by shooting two enemies with one bullet. It is very easy to get as there is a scripted event where two enemies are standing next to each other side-by-side, a perfect opportunity in other words.
- When you and Campo are in the room where Miller got executed, you can see his dinosaur toy on the floor near the chair. Campo will examine it, then leave it behind.
- There is one point in the game where you have to knife a guard. If you come too close to him or wait too long, you randomly die. Approaching the guard while crouch-walking will also cause a failure, as the Quick Time Event is only scripted for a basic knife attack.
- At the mall, you can see in some stores that there are boxes on sale packaged with the Frostbite 2.0 logo.
- Somehow at the start of the mission when the two soldiers are on the rooftop, if the player goes to forward to the wall and uses the knife in front, sound effects and sprites initiate as if it was an invisible wall. Also, this invisible wall can be found when on the rooftop area on the second mission.
- If you use your thermal scope while inside the mall, you can see several paintings and bags light up with heat signatures. This is probably just a visual glitch.
- When Al-Bashir is taken into the mall Campo will lay him down then take him to a new location once at the new location Campo will lay Al-Bashir down on his front to the looks of breaking Al-Bashir's nose.
- The MP7 in this level has a load out that is impossible to get in Multiplayer as the Suppressor and Extended Magazines cannot be mounted at the same time.
- If you turn back after the knife animation and run the stairs of the building back down there are two PLR that immediately start shooting you and cannot be killed.
- There is a bug that may occur at the door directly before coming upon Cole and his team at the mall. When Campo opens the door, the next part of the mission may not load correctly, and the land seems unrendered, and Campo will sprint straight on, with his body diagonal but still moving in a straight line from the door. He runs toward the end of the map, never stopping. Reloading last checkpoint will not fix this, forcing the player to restart the mission. (Confirmed on PS3)
- There is a typo in on of the objectives, where it says, "Meet up with Misfit 4-1" rather than Misfit 1-4.
- It is possible to get in the technical that appears in this mission. When the player is providing overwatch for the Marines clearing the apartment complex, run to the right of the building, but not past the stairs. If the player jumps on the railing and walks to the corner of a shed that is connected to the railing, they should quickly jump onto the top of the shed and down onto the ground. If executed correctly, the player should be able to run to the other side of the building and the technical will be waiting. If you choose to do this after you get into overwatch position, you can still enter the vehicle but the PLR will be driving and gunning. It is, however, possible to use the machine gun on the back of the technical to kill the driver and gunner.
- This is the only mission that includes Misfit 1-3 but does not feature Montes.