North Vietnam, officially the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (DRV), is a faction featured in Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam. North Vietnam was a communist state that occupied the Northern half of the actual Vietnam.
After the Japanese surrender from the French colony in 1945, the DRV proclaimed itself in Hanoi, its new capital with Ho Chi Minh as their leader. The French accepted the new administration, but soon realising the communist regime, known as the Viet Minh, declared war against the DRV and administrated the colony until the Viet Minh was victorious in 1954.
Soon after, the Viet Minh set their eyes South and attacked the Republic of Vietnam in the hopes to unify the Vietnamese people after nearly 100 years of foreign occupation, starting the Vietnam War, supported by the Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China to the North Vietnam.
The South was thus supported by the United States of America immediately thereafter, and although having won most of the battles in the conflict, the Americans had to pull out because of dissent at home.
Afterwards, the South was losing the war and signed a peace treaty in 1973, but soon the North broke it and conquered the South Vietnamese capital of Saigon on April 30, 1975. After that, the two states merged forming the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
|The North Vietnamese Army, or the People's Army of Vietnam, were the armed forces of North Vietnam from the French-Indochina war in 1946 until the end of the Vietnam War in 1975. After the reunification of Vietnam, it became officially known as the Vietnam People's Army.|
Engagements against the VNAFEdit
- Operation Flaming Dart: Unidentified NVA Forces vs. VNAF 516th Fighter Squadron "The Phoenix"
Engagements against the ARVNEdit
- Hue - 1968: 6th N.V.A. Regiment vs. 1st ARVN Division
- Quang Tri - 1968: 812th N.V.A. Regiment vs. 1st ARVN Division
- Reclaiming Hue: 6th N.V.A. Regiment vs. 2nd Battalion, 3rd Regiment ARVN Rangers
- Quang Tri -1972: 101st Regiment vs. 258th ARVN Marine Brigade "The Divine Hawks"
Engagements against the US ArmyEdit
- The Ia Drang Valley: 66th N.V.A. Regiment vs. 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry
- Landing Zone Albany: 33rd N.V.A. Regiment vs. 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry
Engagements against the USMCEdit
- Operation Hastings: 5th Battalion, 812th Regiment vs. 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines
- Siege of Khe Sahn: NVA 325th C Division vs. 26th Marines
Engagements against the MACVEdit
- Fall of Lang Vei: 304th N.V.A. Division vs. 5th Special Forces Group
Battlefield: Bad Company 2: VietnamEdit
North Vietnam, being allied to the Soviet Union and China, is issued many Russian and Chinese weapons and vehicles.