The Panzer IV is a German medium tank used in World War II. The Panzer IV was the only German tank to see combat over the whole of WWII, from Norway to Poland to the Battle of the Bulge and the fall of Berlin. The Panzer IV's original armament, to suit its intended role as an infantry-support vehicle, was a short-barreled 75mm howitzer, designed for anti-fortification and anti-infantry usage, but this was later upgraded to a long-barreled 75mm gun, which proved much more effective against tanks due to a new armor piercing round—a role which it gradually took on in lieu of the Panzer III, which was intended to be an anti-vehicle weapon. During the later stages of the war, the Panzer IV was outclassed by other Allied tank designs, most notably the T34-85 and the Sherman Firefly, and was gradually phased out in favor of the Panther. It appears in Battlefield 1942.
Forgotten Hope Secret WeaponEditIn Battlefield 1942 mod Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon, the Panzer 4 contains six variants including one prototype. The variants are:
- Ausf. D: a short barrel version who contains a 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24. Read More
- Ausf. F1: an improvement version of the Ausf. D with also a short barrel 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 gun. Read More
- Ausf. F2: the first long barrel gun version who contains an 7.5 cm KwK 40 L/43 gun with ball muzzle break. Read More
- Ausf. H: the second version with the long barrel gun. It was an improvement version of the Ausf. F2 but with an 7.5 cm KwK 40 L/48. The tank is also available with the Nahverteidigungswaffe, side skirts on both the turret and fuselage and also ingame available with night vision. Read More
- Ausf. J: this was a cheaper version of the Ausf. H. It have many production variants. The one in FHSW contains different exhaust, wire side skirts, equipped with an MG 42 on the roof and fires a stronger grenade: the Panzergranate 40. Read More
- Panzer IV mit 7,5 cm Ruckstossfrei Kanone 43 & 3 cm MK 103: This version is a weaird version. This was a modified Ausf. H version. The 75mm gun was replaced by a 3 cm MK 103 quick fire gun and on both side of the turret two 7,5 cm Ruckstossfrei Kanone 43's are been place, wich can destroy a heavy tank in only 2 rounds! Read More