Pins first appear in Battlefield 2142. They are awarded for actions during a round and award less experience than Ribbons, but are less specific and easier to obtain. Certain Pins are required to obtain specific Badges, (i.e. A Distinguished Combat Efficiency Pin is required to obtain the Infantry Combat Medal.)
|Combat Efficiency Pin||5 Kill Streak||5|
|Distinguished Combat Efficiency Pin||10 Kill Streak||10|
|Problem Solver Pin||Destroy 4 Titan Consoles||20|
|Titan Destructor Pin||Destroy 4 Titan Guns||20|
|Troop Transporter Pin||10 Titan Air Drops||20|
|Titan Defender Pin||7 Titan Defend Score||20|
|Infiltrator Pin||5 Headshots with a Sniper Rifle||10|
|Wheels Of Hazard Pin||5 Road Kills||5|
|Collectors Pin||8 Dog Tags||20|
|Explosive Efficiency Pin||8 Kills with Explosives||10|
|Emergency Rescue Pin||Preform 8 Revives||5|
|Titan Survival Pin||Survive the Titan Assault||10|
|Firearm Efficiency Pin||4 Kills with Handguns||5|
|Clear Skies Pin||10 Kills with Air Defense||10|
|Close Combat Pin||10 Kills with Shotguns||10|
|Assault Lines Attack Pin*||Capture the PAC home base in Assault Lines||10|
*Requires Northen Strike expansion.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2Edit
As with Insignias, Pins are obtained by the completion of specific tasks and award additional experience points. Unlike Insignias, however, Pins can be obtained an unlimited number of times.
Pins obtained in a round are displayed in the post-game screen and shown on player's personal stats in the game menu or on the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Site.
Pins are divided into five categories:
- Weapons Pins: obtained for getting the required number of kills in a round with a certain category of guns.
- Combat Pins: obtained for doing a wide range of special actions.
- Vehicle Pins: obtained for getting kills with vehicles.
- Gametype Pins: gained when winning a round or playing for the objectives.
- Operations Pins: obtained for doing teamwork actions.
*' Only achievable after purchase of SPECACT DLC and in the base game of Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- Pins and insignias experience is counted separately from combat experience.
- Four service insignias require the unlock of certain pins.
- When a player that has not yet reached Rank 1 earns a pin, it is not shown on the top of the screen.