|This article is a stub. It is short and in need of expansion. Why not help out?|
A rifleman is a soldier armed with a rifle, and the most common infantry in present-day armies.
Until the late 18th century, smoothbore muskets were the standard weapon of infantry, with the muzzle-loaded rifle being a specialist weapon for marksmen. Technological advances—such as breech loading, bullet cartridges, automatic fire, and modular attachments—eventually made the rifle the standard weapon, while the musket became obsolete.
— Official Website Description
The Rifleman is a class in Battlefield 1943. It is mainly used for anti-infantry purposes, mainly infantry targets at mid to long range.
The Rifleman kit appears in the singleplayer campaign for Battlefield 1. Enemy riflemen are typically equipped with the bolt action and self-loading rifles used by the Medic and Scout kit in Multiplayer, but without the kit's healing capability. They are the most common types of enemies and allies.
Uniforms and weaponsEdit
- Imperial German Army - they wear standard Feldgrau uniforms with trench coats. They also wear helmets (Pickelhaube or Stahlhelm). They use Gewehr 98 or Selbstlader M1916. German soldiers also use Shovels and spiked clubs as their melee weapons.
- Austria-Hungary - they wear Hechtgrau uniforms with Berndorfer helmets or, sometimes, soft field Kappe (cap, worn also by Scouts). Their standard weapon is Gewehr M.95. They also use Shovels.
- Ottoman Empire - they wear white-ish uniforms with Kabalak helmets (worn by Medic) or Bashlik caps (worn by Scouts). They use Gewehr 98 and Cavalry Sword as their weapons.
- British Army - they look similiar to MP Scout, however they are Caucasian instead of Aboriginal Australian. They wear standard uniforms, Brodie helmets and use SMLE MKIII or M1903 Experimental. They also have melee weapons - clubs.
- Royal Italian Army - they wear standard green uniforms and Adrian helmets. They use either Russian 1895 or Cei-Rigotti. Italian riflemen are also equipped with Pickaxes.
- 369th Infantry Regiment - they wear standard US uniforms and Adrian helmets. Their standard weapons are M1903 Springfield and M1907 SL. They also use Shovels as their melee weapons.
- Bedouin tribes - they wear olive-green coats and Arabic headgear, similiar to this worn by T. E. Lawrence. They use Martini-Henry rifles and Cavalry Swords.