Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Roadkill is a term commonly used to describe an animal or animals that have been struck by a motor vehicle. In the Battlefield series, it is used to classify a type of player death who has been run over or squashed by a vehicle on land, water or air.
Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield VietnamEdit
In Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam, the kills are semi-difficult to achieve as a single impact from a vehicle may not directly kill a player, more so the constant ramming into them will eventually kill them. When killed, the kill will be classified as killed.
Battlefield: Bad CompanyEdit
In Battlefield: Bad Company, the player can get the "Transport Vehicle Patch" series by getting a number of "Transport Vehicle Trophy" and 2 roadkills. The player can also achieve the "Fly-by" wildcard by getting four roadkills with air vehicles in a round.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2Edit
Roadkills in Battlefield 3 are obtained similar to Bad Company 2. If a player gets a roadkill with Skid Loader on either Wake Island 2014 or Gulf of Oman, they will receive the "Like A Boss" achievement/trophy.
When inside a heilcopter, if a player jumps out, they may be "roadkilled" by the vehicle's rotors.
- The EOD Bot and MAV gadgets are also capable of roadkills. After the 1.04 (March 2012) patch, the MAV can still be used for a single roadkill, but will be destroyed upon contact and the reason of death in the killfeed is "KILLED". However, due to a glitch the MAV may survive and be fully operational, with the reason of death being actually "MAV".
- Using the M224 Mortar will inexplicably spare its user from being roadkilled, as well as provide protection against takedowns. (Technically, the user is considered to be inside a vehicle.)
- A player can go prone before being run over by any enemy tank and will survive unharmed if they do this in the middle of the tank's path.
- If a player jumps out of a helicopter and is road killed by it, the game will label it as "Bad Luck".
- If a player jumps out of a light armored vehicle before hitting a team mate, they will be killed and the game will show it as "Bad Luck".
- Unlike in previous games, the reason of death in the killfeed for a roadkill is the name of the vehicle instead of "killed" or "roadkill".