Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The SPAS-12 (Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun-12 before 1990 and Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun-12 thereafter) is a select-fire semi-automatic/pump-action shotgun that was produced by the Italian arms developer Franchi. It's well known for its iconic folding stock, which folds upward and rests on top of the weapon itself. Due to its high production cost and its complexity, as well as importation bans, the SPAS-12 ceased production in 2000. Despite this, it is still an iconic shotgun for its rugged appearance.
Battlefield 2: Modern CombatEdit
The SPAS-12 is a weapon featured in Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.
The SPAS-12 is issued to NATO engineer soldiers. It has high power, short range and an 8 shell capacity. It is semi-automatic and is a very good close-quarters weapon, and even for medium ranges where it can kill an enemy in 3 shots at around 80 feet away. It is the only semi-automatic shotgun in the game, making it more useful than shotguns of the other factions.
Battlefield: Bad CompanyEdit
The SPAS-12 is a weapon featured in Battlefield: Bad Company.
The SPAS-12 is issued to the Demolition kit as an unlockable. It has better handling at the expense of the lowest accuracy of all the shotguns due to its shorter barrel. This means that it has the largest cross hairs of all shotguns. It has an 8 shell capacity and each must be manually loaded. Being a pump-action shotgun, it can easily kill in a single shot, but it's reduced accuracy gives it a very low range.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2Edit
The SPAS-12 Combat is a weapon featured in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
The SPAS-12 can be found on certain levels as a collectible or used by enemies. It can be found with either buckshot or slugs. The plain version of this weapon can only be found in Heart of Darkness as a collectible, found before getting on the boat following the first firefight, where it is laying next to a shack next to the river. The version with the slugs can be found in Upriver. After Redford tells you to follow him to flank the MG, up the stairs to the right you will find it next to a wall.
The SPAS-12 is an All-Kit weapon unlocked at level 18. It is the third shotgun unlocked. It features high power, low accuracy and short range like all pump-action shotguns. Slugs change its damage to about that of a sniper rifle, but remove the range limits of the buckshot, and make it usable at medium-long range, but make it somewhat less effective up close, as there is a lower chance of hitting an opponent. The weapon is highly effective on small, tight and infantry-oriented maps.
The SPAS-12 is an All-Kit weapon featured in Battlefield Play4Free. It features usable iron sights and an 8-round tube magazine by default. It also takes several seconds to swap to, as the player's character will unfold the stock, although this is only aesthetic and the player is still able to shoot during the animation. It also features high power, short range.
The SPAS actually does exactly the same damage as the 870 Combat with the same rate of fire resulting in a personal preference of choosing between these guns.
The Veteran's SPAS-12 features a higher damage over the standard SPAS-12, increasing the one shot kill chances, as well as a larger magazine of 10 rounds. These benefits come at a higher cost of 560 for unlimited use. The gun's appearance is very rugged and shows heavy use.
The Elite's SPAS-12 does even more damage per pellet than the Veteran's version and has a larger magazine of 12 rounds to further increase its usefulness. The cost of this gun is 790 for unlimited use or 3000 per day. The weapon has a very clean appearance, like all of the elite weapons, and sports a tan paint scheme on the pistol grip and handguard.
The SPAS-12 is a pump action shotgun introduced in the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters expansion for Battlefield 3. It is unlocked upon the completion of the These Hurt Too assignment. Similar to the 870MCS in its operation (it is pump action) but it pumps slightly faster, and has slightly less pellet spread, in exchange for one less pellet per shot.
The SPAS-12 is a weapon featured in Battlefield 4.
The SPAS-12 is found as a collectible in the mission South China Sea, aboard the USS Valkyrie. It is found in a V-22 Osprey in the hangar. It is equipped with a Laser/Light Combo and Full Choke. It sports an Atomic Desert finish.
The SPAS-12 is an unlockable shotgun. It performs similarly to the 870MCS, but has one more shell and a slightly tighter aimed spread.
The SPAS-12 is a weapon featured in Battlefield Hardline.
It is a purchasable shotgun for the Criminal Enforcer. It is one of two semi-automatic shotgun available, the other being the Saiga 12K. It has a higher ammo capacity than the 870P Magnum or 37 Stakeout and the fastest fire rate in its weapon class, but has less rounds than the Saiga and KSG12 and struggles at range due to its heavy recoil and spread.
- Modern Combat and Hardline are the only two games in the Battlefield series where SPAS-12 appears in semi-automatic mode.
Battlefield 2: Modern CombatEdit
- The SPAS-12 in Modern Combat is the only incarnation of the weapon in the Battlefield series to have a butthook attached to the stock.
Battlefield: Bad Company SeriesEdit
- In the Bad Company series the SPAS-12 has a noticeably shorter barrel than in other Battlefield installments and the stock is always folded.
- In Battlefield: Bad Company, the SPAS-12 can be shot without pumping by holding the aim button then shooting and quickly holding the aim button again. This has no effect on the rate of fire.
- In Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the kit select screen of the US Engineer shows him holding a SPAS-12 with the stock extended, as in Battlefield 3.
- The USAS-12 Proficiency Dog Tag shows a SPAS-12 instead of the USAS. This mistake was corrected by the release of the Close Quarters Expansion Pack, when the SPAS-12 itself was added to the game.
- The USAS-12 Proficiency Dog Tag shows the SPAS-12 with its stock folded, like in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- The SPAS-12 has the tightest pellet cone of all shotguns at a 2.5 meter radius.
- The SPAS-12 appears significantly more worn than its Battlefield 3 counterpart, with rust on the grip and scuff marks visible on the body.
- In the South China Sea single player mission, when you first pick up the Spas-12, it will have no iron sights, but is still functional.
Battlefield Hardline Edit
- The SPAS-12 is effectively semi-automatic despite being listed as a pump-action. When it is hipfired, it appears to behave like any other semi-automatic. However, when aimed, the handle is pumped to eject spent shells after shooting. When aimed, you can still pull the trigger and fire it at its semi-automatic fire-rate.