The Chiappa Rhino 40 DS is a revolver produced by Chiappa Firearms of Italy. It is chambered for the .357 Magnum cartridge and has a capacity of 6 cartridges.
Compared to the other revolvers in the game, the SW40 is the fastest firing, but least accurate, functioning in a vein similar to the MP-412 REX in Battlefield 3. As a result, it's very effective for the first few shots, being able to put out large amounts of damage, but becomes less effective the longer it is fired due to its accumulating spread and recoil. The revolver performs best up close where its inaccuracy is less of an issue and it can cause the most damage.
- Despite the name indicating the SW40 is chambered for the .40 S&W cartridge, the in-game stats indicate the weapon is chambered for .357 Magnum.
- The Rhino head present on the real life gun's grip is replaced with an ornate "K" in-game
- When reloading, the cartridges ejected still have bullets, even if all rounds have been fired.
- When viewing the weapon in the customization screen, if positioned right, the weapon's speed-loader with six cartridges can be seen at the bottom of the screen.
- Along with the other weapons of the first three expansions for Battlefield 4, the SW40 actually has an in-game description, but it can only be viewed when the weapon is unlocked at the end of a round or if it is equipped in a gadget slot using external tools.