The Scout Kit is a class that appears in Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, and Battlefield 1943. It is primarily a sniper class, to engage infantry from a very long distance away while also serving as a demolitions class.
- Combat Knife
- Pistol (Colt M1911 for Allies or Walther P38 for Axis)
- Sniper Rifle (either Lee-Enfield No4 for Allies and Mauser K98 or G43 for Axis)
- 3x Frag Grenades
- Sniper rifle (SVD, M91 or Type-56 for Vietcong and NVA and M21, M40 or M16 for US and ARVN)
- Melee (Combat Knife for US and ARVN, Machete for NVA and Plantation Knife for Vietcong)
- Pistol (TT-33 for Vietcong and NVA, M1911 for US and ARVN and M-19 for MACV)
- Smoke Grenade, Caltrops or Timebomb and Bouncing Betty
- Melee Weapon (Type 94 Shin Gunto for IJN, M1 Bayonet (in hand) for USMC)
- Pistol (Type 14 Nambu for IJN, M1911 for USMC)
- Sniper Rifle (Type 98 Rifle w/scope for IJN, M1903 Springfield Rifle w/scope for USMC)
- TNT Explosives (Same for both factions)
- In Battlefield 1943, a player that spawns with the Scout Kit will have a primitive suit of leaves that provides limited camouflage.
- In the other Battlefield games, it is replaced by the Recon, and in Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, the Sniper kit. They serve roughly the same purpose, but the Recon kit is more attuned to spotting enemies than killing them effectively.