Scrapmetal is a map featured in the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters expansion. Set inside and on the rooftops of an abandoned factory near Tehran, Iran, the map features multiple stories and skybridges that separate the flags. It is only playable in the game modes Conquest Domination, Gun Master, Squad Deathmatch, and Team Deathmatch Close Quarters.
Alpha is located on the roof of the north building. The flag is surrounded by small house-shaped structures and pipes.
Bravo is located on the second floor of the south building. It is located in the southeast corner where it is surrounded by many small concrete structures and large metal and tile barriers.
Charlie is located in the middle of the lower, western hallway. It is surrounded by many crates and barrels while the hallway itself is blocked only by small amounts of sheet metal.
- A cargo train will infrequently pass along a rail line that runs underneath flag C. The train will not damage the player if ran over by it, but only if the player reaches the bottom without dying by the out-of-boundaries counter.
- Occasionally, a jet can be heard flying over the map.
- If the player is in an empty server or in a really quiet game, what sounds like ambient music can be heard, similar to Mirrors Edge ambiance music, another DICE game.
- A wrecked CH-47 Chinook can be seen near flag A.
- In the game files this map is named XP2_Factory.