The Skid-Steer Loader is a construction vehicle equipped with lift arms designed to move obstacles out of the way, such as mud, snow, and gravel.
|2nd passenger weapon||
|3rd passenger weapon||
The Skid Loader is a vehicle appearing in the Back to Karkand DLC in Battlefield 3. The Skid Loader holds three people: one driver and two passengers. It has no offensive capabilities, but can still perform a Roadkill. The vehicle can be used to obtain the "Like A Boss!" achievement/trophy performing a roadkill with the skid loader (PS3/XBOX360 version only).
On Wake Island 2014, it is found at the Airfield, near the main building. On Sharqi Peninsula and Gulf of Oman, it is found at their respective Construction Sites. It only appears in Conquest Assault mode.
While the glass pane of the driver seat provides some measure of protection, passengers are very much exposed to small-arms fire, as one sits in the front on the lift (second seat), and the other sits on the power plant in back (third seat).
It is very difficult for the driver to see out of the skid loader in first person view, reducing situational awareness to a minimum, so using third person view is recommended. While the skid loader body is resistant to small arms fire, one AT rocket round (SMAW or RPG-7v2) will disable or even destroy the vehicle. Unlike most other light vehicles, the Skid Loader cannot be damaged by Heavy Machine Guns, and can still drive while disabled.
- On Wake Island, the Skid Loader can be found near the Airfield Flag on on the side of the building under construction. It's best to be on the RU team as they are the closest to the Skid Loader because the Airfield serves as an unofficial base. It spawns in both Conquest & Conquest Assault.
- On Gulf of Oman, the Skid Loader can be found near the Construction Site against a building near the City . It's best to be on the RU team as they control the base at the start of the game. Console players cannot use the vehicle on Oman, as it will only spawn on the PC due to game sizes. It spawns in both Conquest & Conquest Assault.
- An ammunition box or medkit can be thrown onto the front of the skid loader, making it useful for any passengers or players within range of it.
- The Skid Loader has a KKC marking on the side. This is a large multinational corporation (fictional). Logos can be seen on Grand Bazaar and Tehran Highway.
- Killing an enemy player by running them over with the Skid Loader will unlock the "Like A Boss" trophy/achievement.