— Battlefield.com Description
Soissons is a map featured in the Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass expansion. It takes place in the Allied counter-offensive of the Second Battle of the Marne during the Battle of Soissons in 1918.
The Char 2C super-heavy tank is featured as the map's behemoth.
|Côte 166 Trenches||1A|
|Ploisy Chapel Ruin||D||2A|
Côte 166 TrenchesEdit
Ploisy Chapel RuinEdit
Unlike the other maps in They Shall Not Pass, Soissons uses a five-flag layout. Combat occurs in the lower part of the map, from Cravançon Watermill to the Aerodrome. The high ridge and Chateau Pernant are kept out of bounds.
The Chaudun Village is used as the playable area for this game mode.
Soissons serves as the opening map on the operation "Beyond the Marne", with French forces attacking German occupiers.
Following capture of the final sector, combat continues in Rupture.
- The map heavily compresses the space between multiple points of interest in the Soissonnais, the region around the city of Soissons. The actual combat stretched over miles.
- An easter egg is hidden on the Pernant Chateau that awards the "A Conflict" dog tag when completed.
- In the game files this map is named MP_Fields.
- Two baskets of easter eggs can be found on this map.
- When weather changes to rain, the stream running through the map rises. Players have to swim when crossing on foot, and the watermill captures more energy from the flow.