enterBF3 is a fan-run website, not official: it has proven wrong in the past, and they have absolutely no sources or even screenies for the dubious weapons (M417 and MP5K in particular); the only bit of media that's even been released so far has been the CQ reveal, and we've gleaned everything out of that as is possible.
I think it's very bad practice to take fan-blogs at face value like this. Йура 15:08, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
- And the only reason I keep the page up currently is because there might've been some mention of it in the trailer that I just happened to miss. Йура 15:13, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
What type? Edit
Hello. Now that the M417 has been confirmed as a Recon weapon, does anyone know whether it fires automatically? The only weapon with a suppressor and holographic sight I saw in the trailer was automatic, but i may have missed it. Skullvondude 19:14, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Would be interesting if it was full auto, but that would have to make it do less damage than the SKS for balancing, so it might be limited to semi. Who knows though, DICE could surprise us. But you can see a USMC Recon using it at 1:05 in the trailer. PresidentEden78 21:29, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
Maybe this will be the VSS of BF3..? XboxHat 21:22, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, no, because another rifle already fills that niche. 21:39, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- ...The Vintorez or however you spell it is a PDW, not a sniper rifle. The VSS (in BFBC2) is a sniper rifle. XboxHat 21:49, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
So a 20+1 magazine? This thing will probably be the NATO version of the SKS.
Sorry forgot the tildes 188.8.131.52 20:22, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that this is going to be like the Mk 11 Mod 0 is to the SVD, 184.108.40.206 01:41, May 19, 2012 (UTC)
The 417 is NOT gas operated, it is a piston-driven rifle.220.127.116.11 07:28, July 17, 2013 (UTC)
- ...and what operates the piston? Юра 07:34, July 17, 2013 (UTC)
- "The Heckler & Koch HK417 is a battle rifle designed and manufactured in Germany by Heckler & Koch. It is a gas-operated, selective fire rifle with a rotating bolt and is essentially an enlarged HK416 assault rifle." Wikipedia