Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass is the first expansion pack for Battlefield 1. It was first revealed alongside Battlefield Premium on August 24th 2016. The expansion features the French Army as a new playable faction. It was released for Premium members on March 14th, 2017 and had its worldwide release on March 28, 2017.
- French Army
- Frontlines gamemode
- 2 New Operations: Devil's Anvil, Beyond the Marne
- Trench Raider Elite Class
- 10 New ranks
- New Medals
- New Dog Tags
- New Codex Entries
- 12 Assignments
- Verdun Heights
- Fort De Vaux
- Nivelle Nights (Post-Release)
- Prise de Tahure (Post-Release)
Achievements and TrophiesEdit
- Main article: Battlefield 1 Achievements and Trophies
|Image||Name||Criteria||Achievement Points||Trophy Type|
|French War Hero||Spend 30 minutes in-game as a French Republic Medic||50G|
|Drei Vier Grenadier||Kill 4 enemies with the Trench Raider Elite Class||50G|
|Saint Chamond Operator||Kill 25 enemies with the Saint-Chamond Heavy Tank||50G|
|Maître d'Armes||Perform one kill with each of the 5 primary Weapon Assignment Weapons||100G|
- They Shall Not Pass is the first Battlefield expansion with post release content introduced to it in the form of maps exclusive to owners of the expansion.
- The DLC is named after "They shall not pass" (French: Ils ne passeront pas!), a slogan famously used by French General Robert Nivelle during the Battle of Verdun, and was used on French propaganda posters.
- The cover image, showing a French soldier holding a Chauchat sideways with both of his hands, appears to be inspired by the On ne passe pas! propaganda poster created by Maurice Neumont. The same poster also inspires a similar shot in the official trailer.
- Alongside Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth, the expansion was released for free to all players between May 2 and May 14, 2018 as part of the Road To Battlefield promotion.