The Tracer Dart Gun is a usable gadget featured in the Battlefield Series. It is a small, handgun-shaped gadget that can launch magnetic tracer darts at vehicles which can then be used to guide the projectiles of AT Launchers toward the affected target.
Battlefield: Bad CompanyEdit
The TRCR-357 is a gadget issued to the Specialist kit in Battlefield: Bad Company. It is designed to be fire trasponders at vehicles in order to maintain an effective line-of-sight to the affected vehicle, as well as guide rocket projectiles toward it.
Those who placed a tracer dart will get small bonuses of +3 points, labeled as a Tracer Dart Assist, every time the affected vehicle is hit with a projectile. Two of these assists will award the "Tracer Dart Efficiency Trophy".
Battlefield: Bad Company 2Edit
The Tracer Dart is an all kit gadget, occupying the handgun slot, featured in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It's use is largly unchanged from the previous installment, only being slightly different in appearance. The gadget is unlocked at level 11, or with immedidiately to those who own Limited and Ultimate editions of the game.
Similar to other weapons in the Series, the Tracer Dart has bullet drop and travel time, normally requiring users to aim and fire projectiles slightly above targets. This also applies to AT launchers to successfully lock-on to the affected target.
The Tracer Dart Gun is a gadget featured in Battlefield Play4Free, coming pre-unlocked for all kits. It is essentially unchanged from previous installments though it does have unlimited ammunition and has the ability to kill enemies with low health. The gadget is also the secondary weapon for the gunner in Attack Helicopters.
An update on May 31st, 2011 increased the experience points to +10 for each successful hit with the dart.
- If players shoot a Tracer Dart on someone's head, sometimes the player that has been shot sees the red light of the tracer on his screen.
- The speed of the tracer dart was dramatically increased in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to increase the gadget's use and make hitting targets easier. It is still, however, significantly slower than a bullet.
- A daredevil tactic among players on the Rush game mode is to place a tracer dart on a friendly UAV, and then get them to run into the defender's base. This allows friendly engineers to fire RPGs and M2s at the UAV and score kills among the attacking force without having to risk moving up to the heavily defended base to fire their Rocket Launcher.
- The Tracer Dart is the only gadget to take up a weapon slot and not do any damage, though it can kill in Hardcore mode.
- In the Beta of Bad Company 2, the tracer dart did one point of damage, but without marking a hit.
- Players using the smoke countermeasures in Helicopters can remove any attached tracer darts before their enemies manage to launch rockets at them.
- In Battlefield: Bad Company 2, if you can lock onto the target and fire the rocket before the enemy deploys countermeasures, the rocket will still track the enemy even if countermeasures have been deployed while rocket is airborn. The rocket will, however, lose it's target if the player who launched it has been killed.
- In Battlefield: Bad Company 2, it is possible to tag enemy infantry with the Tracer Dart, and consequently lock on to them with AT launchers.
- Battlefield Play 4 Free is the only installment that allows the use of the gadget's iron sights.
- In Battlefield Play4Free, the tracer dart has a pistol reload animation in the third-person.