The United States Army is the main land combat branch of the United States Armed Forces.
The primary mission of the Army is "to fight and win our Nation’s wars by providing prompt, sustained land dominance across the full range of military operations and spectrum of conflict in support of combatant commanders." The Army is a military service within the Department of the Army, one of the three military departments of the Department of Defense.
Components featured in the Battlefield SeriesEdit
- 1st Cavalry Division is one of the most famous and most decorated combat divisions of the United States Army. Presently, it is a rapidly deployable heavy armored division of the United States Army with base of operations in Fort Hood, Texas.
- 5th Cavalry Regiment is a historical unit of the United States Army that began its service in the decade prior to the American Civil War and continues in modified organizational format in the U.S. Army.
- 7th Cavalry Regiment is a United States Army cavalry regiment, whose lineage traces back to the mid-19th century. Its official nickname is "Garryowen", in honor of the Irish air Garryowen that was adopted as its march tune.
- Task Force Kodiak is an American armored unit that assisted Bravo-2 with on an operation to secure Russian agent Kirilenko in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- 101st Airborne Division is a United States Army modular light infantry division trained for air assault operations.
- The 222nd Army Battalion is a fictional battalion of the United States Army in the games Battlefield: Bad Company and Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- The 32nd Armored Division is a fictional armored unit that plays a key role in Acta Non Verba.
- 369th Infantry Regiment - also known as the Harlem Hellfighters - were an infantry regiment of the U.S. Army National Guard during World War I comprised of African Americans that were known for their toughness and the fact that they never lost a trench, foot of ground, or a man through capture to the enemy
Engagements against the WehrmachtEdit
- Omaha Beach
- Operation Market Garden
- Battle of The Bulge
- Battle of Salerno (RtR)
- Gothic Line (SWWII)
- Mimoyecques (SWWII)
- Peenemunde (SWWII)
Engagements against the RIAEdit
- Battle of Anzio (RtR)
Engagements against the SSEdit
- Eagle's Nest (SWWII)
In Battlefield Vietnam, the United States Army fight the Viet Cong and the North Vietnamese Army. It is one of the three playable American factions, the others being the United States Marine Corps and the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam.
Engagements of the US Army against the Viet CongEdit
- Operation Irving: 1st Battalion, 5th Cavalry vs. 2nd Viet Cong Regiment
- Saigon - 1968: 101st Airborne Division vs. C-10 Saigon Sapper Battalion
Engagements of the US Army against the North Vietnamese ArmyEdit
- The Ia Drang Valley: 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry vs. 66th N.V.A. Regiment
- Landing Zone Albany: 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry vs. 33rd N.V.A. Regiment
Battlefield: Bad CompanyEdit
In Battlefield: Bad Company, the player is part of the 222nd Army Battalion. They fight the Russian Army and the Middle Eastern Coalition in a fictional war between the United States against the Russian Federation and the Middle Eastern Coalition.
Engagements against the RGFEdit
Engagements against the MECEdit
Engagements against Sadaristani MilitaryEdit
Battlefield: Bad Company 2Edit
Engagements against the RGFEdit
MultiplayerEditIn Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer, the United States Army fights against the Russian Ground Forces. It is one of the only two multiplayer factions, the other being the opposing Russian Ground Forces, and is also the only playable faction in the Onslaught expansion. Their voices are provided by Chris Bennison (Assault), Arlie Cummins (Medic), Josh Lenn (Recon) and Jason Naso (Engineer).
Engagements against the RGFEdit
- Arica Harbor
- Atacama Desert
- Laguna Alta
- Laguna Presa
- Nelson Bay
- Panama Canal
- Port Valdez
- White Pass
- Harvest Day
- Cold War
- Heavy Metal
|(Neutral) Quad Bike|
|(Cold War MP Only) M939 Truck|
|UH-60 Black Hawk|
|Patrol Boat Light|
|(Neutral) Personal Watercraft|
Battlefield: Bad Company 2: VietnamEdit
In Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam, the United States Army fights the NVA. They do not use a specific set of infantry weapons, but they use their own vehicles. The soldiers' voices are provided by Trevor White and Ryan McCluskey.
Engagements against the NVAEdit
The US fights against the NVA on maps based on real-life operation. With Operation Hasting being a remake of a level.
|Phu Bai Valley: In an all out clash in this swampy valley, both teams have the full arsenal of vehicles and will be dealing with longish range combat on the roads but denser close quarters in the buildings and flags. The rice patties will keep the soldiers full but the battle will never fill the war.|
|Hill 137: Hamburger Hill is appropriately named in this medium ranged map, as the whole side of the hill is now a flaming killing floor. Infantry combat will sizzle up with close quarters trench warfare and longer range light jungle warfare. Occasional boat support will also help.|
|Cao Son Temple: This ancient temple now serves as a new battleground, isolated on an island, away from the war. While one team spawns near the temple, it is both of their duties to take it on this close quarters map. Naval support from the middle flag will help decide the victor though.|
|Vantage Point: A hill stands in the center of this symmetrical map, providing a (appropriately named) vantage point over either side. Close quarters defines the hill while medium to longish ranged combat defines anything within sight of it. Vehicles are restricted to ground and tight movement lanes.|
|Operation Hastings: The jungles guard this river from all sides. A large bridge spans the entire river giving an excellent vantage point on this long rangish map. Vehicles will do their best to try and combat anything that stands in their way.|
The US Army in game uses the appropriate vehicles of American origin in the DLC.
|(Neutral) UH-1 Iroquois|
|(Neutral) Patrol Boat River|
The American Expeditionary Force is featured in Battlefield 1.
The 369th Infantry Regiment, known as the Harlem Hellfighters, appear in the first chapter of the singleplayer campaign, Storm of Steel. The Harlem Hellfighters are outfitted with the Adrian helmet due to their attachment to the French Army
The United States appears as one of six factions initially featured in Battlefield 1, and is part of the Allies alongside the United Kingdom and Italy. They wear British uniforms and insignia, with drab tunics and beige webbing with minor changes, with headgear comprised of either the cloth "Overseas cap", a wool soft cap oddly sporting the badge of the British Tank Corps, or a green version of the more durable British-designed Brodie helmet, or even the experimental Model 8 full-face helmet.The American Expeditionary Forces currently appear to participate only in battles against the German Empire on the Western Front of northern France.
- The US Army appear in every game except Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield Play4Free and Battlefield 3.
- In Bad Company 2 the Army are almost always Attackers.
- The US Army in Bad Company 2 almost always attacks with land assets.
- Anytime the US Army appears in a singleplayer campaign the main character never dies.
- Although the US Army does not appear directly in Battlefield 3, the multiplayer "Ranger" and "Paratrooper" Appearance schemes reflect real-life US Army camouflage patterns (Universal Camouflage Pattern and MultiCam respectively), giving the player the appearance of an Army soldier.
- In Bad Company 2, some soldiers in Multiplayer will shout "Let the bodies hit the floor". This is a possible reference to the song "Bodies" by Drowning Pool.
- They are not featured in Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4, as those games focus on the Marine Corps instead.
- In Battlefield 4 there is camouflage appearance called UCP (Universal Camouflage Pattern) which is a uniform pattern used by the US Army.
- In Battlefield 1, with "Standard Issue Rifles" enabled, the United States faction is issued the M1903.