Alongside a newly released episode guide to Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer, Creative Director Ian Milham also addressed other aspects to Hardline's singleplayer as well. One, which doesn't come as much of a surprise, is that the game will feature several easter eggs about Visceral's Dead Space franchise. Milham said that their are "So many. Some obvious, some deep" when asked during a live Q&A session on Twitter regarding Dead Space easter eggs. May want to keep your eyes pealed for mysteriously placed helmets and work benches.
Milham also detailed several other things to the expect from the single player during the the Q&A as well:
- The campaign spans ten episodes, some are under an hour long, while some will be more than an hour.
- Visceral is considering adding more chapters later as DLC.
- Weapons you unlock in single-player will not carry over to multiplayer, but some other "stuff" will.
- The decisions you make in the campaign won't be specifically moral.
- You only play as Nick Mendoza, but you will get to see both sides of the conflict.
- There are not many quicktime events.
- The tone is inspired by the novels of Elmore Leonard, including works based on those novels such as Justified, Out of Sight, and Jackie Brown.
- Other inspirations include the works of film director Michael Mann, including Heat and Miami Vice.
- There will be references to previous Battlefield games in the campaign.
- The story itself is linear, but gameplay is in more of a sandbox-style.
What are you looking forward to in Hardline's singleplayer? How long will you spend just looking for easter eggs? Let us know below!
Battlefield Hardline is set to release on all platforms in North America on March 17, 2015 and March 19 in Europe. EA Access members on Xbox One can get their hands on the game 5 days early on March 12.
See you on the Battlefield! -05:22, February 26, 2015 (UTC)
- BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE WILL FEATURE DEAD SPACE EASTER EGGS - IGN
- Battlefield Hardline Dev Talks Single-Player Campaign Length, More - Gamespot
Hello Battlefield Wiki! This is 3RDRANGER bringing you some later-than-new news about the upcoming game in the Battlefield series, Battlefield 1.
The gam…Read more >
GREAT NEWS Battlefield Wiki. DICE has finally announced in a blog post that the Open Beta for Battlefield 1 will be available for everyone on August 31st…Read more >
ORIGINAL POSTRead more >
Late last week, DICE revealed that they'll be unveiling a brand new Battlefield game on Friday, May 6, with a countdown clock on the offi…