Senior Gameplay Designer Alan Kertz has stated in an interview that the console versions of Battlefield 3 might get commorose in the future. The current issue with doing so is the lack of a free button; all of the buttons on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers are totally mapped out. Read more here.
Additionally, in February a "Commorose 2.0" will be released to PC players to improve the functionality of the current version of the commorose.Read more >
The YouTube user FreddieW was asked, by EA, to create a new commercial for Battlefield 3. And here it is!Read more >
Today only, Battlefield 3 is 40% off on Origin for U.S. customers (who are not affiliated with EA or its subsidiaries). The 40% off bonus is applicable to all games sold from the Origin store, and for the next week you can also get free expedited shipping as well.
Note that expedited shipping is also available only to those within the United States, and you must spend a minimum of 39.99$ US in order to qualify for expedited shipping.Read more >
Okay, so the PS3 (and subsequently Xbox) update was released a long time ago, at like midnight or something. Here's a changelog copy-pasted from the dev blog.
BATTLEFIELD 3 PLAYSTATION 3 CLIENT UPDATE NOV 30TH
• Significant improvements to the Squad Join interface, full details in this earlier blog post
• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
• Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 Squad members
• Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
• Disable Privacy flag when 1 man Squad
• Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when Squad drops to 1 player
• All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad selection screen
• Players who choose not to join Squads will also show up as Blue in t…Read more >
For today only, you can get Battlefield 3 for 30$ off, a little over half of the price (minus tax). This is included with other deals offered by Origin, alongside the Need for Speed games and the Sims, with numerous other titles being included for as much as 60% off.Read more >