Staff Sergeant William Dunn was a US Marine in the US military and former leader of Tombstone. After being wounded in action and having his right leg amputated, he was killed after his team was involved in a car crash that left their vehicle underwater. He ordered Recker to shoot the windshield out and save the other two members of the team, sacrificing himself and drowning in the process.
Dunn, Recker, and Irish had served together long before the events of Battlefield 4, as said by Pac, who had also joined Tombstone about a year prior. Dunn also has a wife, as stated in Baku and Shanghai.
- Main article: Baku
Dunn led Tombstone on the mission in Baku, Azerbaijan to obtain intelligence from a defecting Russian Army general. After the hand-off went "pear-shaped", and the squad tried to make their way to their extraction point, Dunn had been caught under rubble as a result of a recent ambush from a Russian helicopter. Dunn was amputated and driven away, only to be crashed into the sea along with his squad. He ordered them to leave him in the vehicle, which they had reluctantly followed. As the vehicle sank, Dunn died in the Caspian Sea.
- Dunn wore the Jolly Roger of the famous English pirate Calico Jack Rackam.
- In the actual game, the Jolly Roger patch is missing due to him having a generic character model instead of the unique one he was seen with in the "Fishing in Baku" trailer.
- He resembles the main character of the war film Passchendaele (Micheal Dunne) in both appearance and name.
- Dunn wears the standard USMC uniform also worn by Major Greenland and many generic Marines, albeit Dunn having tigerstripe camouflage trousers.
- After Dunn's death in Baku, Recker keeps the MP412 Rex that was given to him by Dunn and carries it by default there after. The method of unlocking the MP412 Rex in multiplayer is also a reference to Dunn.